- *Remote* Back-End Engineer with Surging US-Based Start-Up
- Conestoga Personnel Resources Inc.
- Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
- < $130k
- Jun 20, 2017
- Job Function
- Software Development
*Remote* Back-End Engineer with Surging US-Based Start-Up
A surging young company (graduate of the Y Combinator) is looking to hire a number of top developers. Great open source product which is proving its usefulness and gaining traction daily. This role is remote with an occasional in-person meeting required with the local team as well as the odd trip to head office in San Francisco.
- Be an owner of our backend architecture
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams
- Design, enhance and build out new products and features
- Optimize and maintain scalability, performance and quality
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies and tools to solve challenges
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Able to travel 2-3 times/year to head office in San Fran for approximately a week.
Qualifications and Experience
- BS in Computer Science (or related fields)
- Strong coding skills in programming languages:
Golang; MySQL; Postgres; Amazon AWS
- Experience in writing high performance production quality code
- Github, Jira, Jenkins
- Experience working in open source communities