Head, Cyber Security Operations
- Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
- Job Function
- IT & Systems Admin
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Head, Cyber Security Operations
Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
Are you an I&IT leader seeking a new opportunity to carry out the critical enterprise-wide function of protecting the Ontario Public Service (OPS) network and its information from cyber threats? Consider this exciting opportunity to bring your leadership and experience to the Cyber Security Division and lead the Cyber Security Operations Branch.
Working to deliver a comprehensive cyber risk management program, the Cyber Security Division predicts, identifies and addresses threats to information security and enables the Ontario government to operate securely and meet its digital service delivery commitments. Supporting program owners, we consistently provide high-quality cyber risk management advice and offer innovative cyber security solutions to enable secure service delivery in a digital ecosystem. This includes the OPS Cyber Security Operations Centre that operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to monitor the OPS network.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Provide I&IT and cyber security expertise to support senior executives in direction setting and issues management for the division
- Provide the branch management team and staff with strategic leadership and advice to resolve critical I&IT and business issues
- Provide strategic leadership for the Security Operations Center, Ethical Hacking and Technical Solution Design teams
- Develop and maintain key relationships with internal and external partners, clients and stakeholders to provide strategic business advice
- Promote understanding and guarantee the quality of the branch I&IT deliverables
- Foster a respectful and professional environment which values diversity and inclusion
How do I qualify?
- You have demonstrated success in strategic and operational leadership to foster an environment of continuous improvement
- You are an inclusive leader who values diversity and creates a culture of innovation and creativity
- You have demonstrated senior leadership and people management skills including the ability to build high performing teams and manage a variety of technical professionals
- As an authority on cyber security, you can provide expertise and influence to other program areas
Technical & IT Knowledge
- You have I&IT subject matter knowledge surrounding technologies, tools, trends and best practices to direct the design, development and implementation of I&IT plans and deliverables
- You have demonstrated experience in providing expert technical I&IT input to satisfy cluster and clients’ diverse business needs
- You have experience in developing strategic plans and business models to support the cluster’s I&IT strategic direction
- You have experience directing, integrating and implementing I&IT programs, services and projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient results that align with enterprise decisions and priorities
Communication and Relationship Management
- You can build, maintain and enhance effective business relationships for the branch to support cost-efficient achievement of partners and clients I&IT related goals
- You have strong relationship management skills to anticipate and resolve major obstacles and conflicts, manage expectations and generate support from management, branch employees, partners, service providers and clients
- You have superior oral and written communications skills to provide advice and recommendations surrounding complex technical information to senior executives and stakeholders
- You understand both technical and business languages and can synthesize both
Salary Range: $130,930.00 - $164,930.00 per year
Additional Information: 1 Permanent, Toronto, Toronto Region
Note: Interviews will take place the week of April 15th to 23rd, 2019.
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, March 26, 2019, by visiting http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=134036. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Executive Talent Search Unit at email@example.com. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.