The telecom industry has far too long been dominated by the big, the bureaucratic and the unimaginative. Now is the time for someone to take this industry on with something better.
We are a software company in a carrier world – changing the industry by providing what others cannot - a better user experience, better customer service, continual innovation, and most importantly – transparent pricing.
We are looking for a VOIP Engineer to join our team and help us in our mission to create the most exceptional, affordable phone service that changes the way people communicate. We are looking for a highly self-motivated, goal-oriented individual who will be responsible for providing world-class technical support for our customers in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate for this position will possess a strong technical background with experience in Voice over IP (SIP) and supporting cloud contact center or office telephony services and solutions.
We are growing at a rapid rate thus there is plenty of scope for your role to quickly grow to include the design and implementation of contact center solutions and to project manage new customer roll outs.
Join us to make a BIG impact as part of the disrupting force that's changing telecommunications forever
What you will do:
- Triage, troubleshoot, escalate, and/or provide resolution to customer support tickets.
- Reproduce, document and escalate product defects to the Engineering Team.
- Effectively communicate customer feedback and feature requirements to Engineering and Product Management.
- Identify commonly asked questions and generate knowledge base articles, FAQs, and videos based on this content.
- Enhance existing product documentation and create new feature documentation based on technical specifications and reviews provided by Engineering.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Communications Engineering or equivalent technical certifications and experience (a must)
- 2-3+ years’ experience in implementing and supporting contact center or office telephony solutions including IVR, ACD, PBX, etc.
- 2-3+ years’ experience in Voice over IP (SIP)
- Experience in networks (IP and Telco), data, access, firewalls, NAT, QoS.
- Experience in using network tools such as ping, trace route and wireshark.
- Hands on knowledge of network protocols including SIP, RTP, STUN, HTTP and TCP/IP
- Hands on knowledge of routing and switching
- Proven ability to remotely troubleshoot and resolve customer software and operating system problems.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills as a fast learner with a lot of intellectual curiosity.
- Enthusiastic with proven ability to work with minimal supervision and efficient time management skills
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Impactful work
- Professional development
- TextNow-powered smartphone
- Competitive total compensation package
- Catered breakfast & lunch
- Onsite personal trainer, massage therapist, and Yoga instructor!
TextNow is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful and inclusive environment ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and creating a barrier-free environment. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws. Please let us know if you have an accessibility need at firstname.lastname@example.org