Senior Mechanical Engineer
Accelerated Systems Inc. is looking for a creative, quality-focused and experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer with a diverse skill set that includes electrical skills and global manufacturing experiences to join our growing team. You have hands-on experience with field oriented control of motors and controllers and experience working with electronics and electrical systems.
As a key member of our multi-disciplinary Engineering team you will execute the design and development of new products, from concept through hands-on prototype building, development stages, verification and release to mass production at our global contract manufacturer for our brushless AC motor controllers and supporting peripherals. The ASi portfolio of products controls e-bikes, e-scooters/motorcycles, e-outdoor and e-recreational vehicles. We want to accelerate the EV market and get people excited about getting on their bike (or tractor, ATV, scooter, motorcycle, even their mower!) again.
You thrive in an environment that allows you to solve real problems with creative engineering solutions with the end goal of achieving high quality, efficient mass production. You will create full design-for- manufacturing packages including design, modeling, BOMs, drawings and documentation and provide ongoing support and continuous improvement of existing products and manufacturing processes. You have a strong mechanical and electrical aptitude ideally with automotive/machine shop experience and passion for troubleshooting electrical and wiring systems. You will liaise with internal and external teams including equipment and part suppliers and global contract manufacturers.
If this sounds like you and you have the following additional requirements:
- PHD or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 5+ years' experience, with experience taking at least one product to mass production including line setup and providing troubleshooting and support
- Recent experience in the EV space with emphasis on theoretical and practical aspects of motors and motor controllers a strong asset
- Advanced SolidWorks modeling experience
- Experience with and passion for working with electric vehicle prototypes
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude to achieve collaborative success.
- Ability and experience working with global contract manufacturers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated, ability to initiate and follow tasks through to completion.
- Strong attention to details.
- Effective multi-tasker with strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel