Position: Financial Controller
At the forefront of Viewer Intelligence™, SSIMWAVE™ is built on an Engineering Emmy® Award-winning algorithm. SSIMWAVE is defining the future of video delivery with the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. With SSIMWAVE technology, video distributors, networks and studios can keep up with the explosive growth of video and deliver the ultimate viewing experience™ to consumers on any screen, anywhere.
Our customers include major players in the media, entertainment and MVPD (Multichannel Video Programming Distributor) industries and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control and optimize live and file-based video.
We’re a growing team of engineers, video scientists, product and business experts. Our diverse team is driven to advance the business of video. Join our profitable scale-up with opportunities for career growth in both depth and breadth of experience.
You are passionate about making the complex simple -- for your customers and colleagues. You are motivated to apply DevOps principles and best practices to all IT Support activities. You thrive in a highly intellectual, agile, and scaling environment that challenges you to deliver the best. You are curious about new technology and have a strong desire to help others succeed. Your can-do attitude and team player approach reflects our culture and desire to be amazing!
- Hands-on responsibility of all aspects of monthly, quarterly & annual accounting / financial reporting cycle
- Prepare monthly consolidation & financial statements
- Supervise finance team member(s) responsible for recording daily financial transactions for all aspects of cash receipt & cash disbursement cycles, including payroll, including review of team member(s) deliverables
- Train & develop team members to build a high performance team
- Lead all budget activities, including establishment of rolling multi-quarter forecast, interacting with all stakeholders effectively
- Institute regular financial reporting review practices with budget owners
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as required
- Responsible for all day-to-day cash management & treasury activities with financial institutions
- Work effectively with external auditors to manage year-end audit & tax compliance activities
- Responsible for managing all aspects of taxation as we scale globally, including local sales & use taxes, corporate taxation, SR&ED & other tax credit management, tax planning, government audits
- Management of all aspects of capitalization table documentation, including employee ESOP
- Identify & implement process changes in all aspects of finance & accounting, to enable efficiency as we scale
- Build financial reporting & metrics that provide business insights
- Lead & manage implementation / upgrade of systems including billing, accounting & reporting, expense management, payroll etc.
- Support company financing activities, including due diligence & reporting requirements
- Implementation of internal controls suitable for a growing business
- Evaluation & implementation of accounting policies, as required
Skill and experience requirements:
- CPA Designation & 5 years relevant experience
- Experience in implementation of financial / ERP systems
- Strong attention to detail and ability to complete work on-time
- Excellent time management & organization skills, with ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Strong initiative & decision-making, while keeping stakeholders informed
- Curiosity to learn about our market & business, to deliver maximum value
- Ability to deliver business value by interpreting results & communicating to non-financial leaders
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Problem seeker, as well as problem solver
- Experience in identifying & implementing process improvements that increase efficiency
- Experience with scaling tech company preferable
- Thorough understanding of ASPE, and preferably US GAAP
We thank all applicants in advance, but only candidates chosen to be interviewed will be contacted.