Position: Intermediate Accountant
At the forefront of Viewer Intelligence, SSIMWAVE is built on our Emmy®Award-winning algorithm. SSIMWAVE is defining the future of video delivery with the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. With SSIMWAVE technology, video distributors, networks and studios can keep up with the explosive growth of video and deliver the ultimate viewing experience to consumers on any screen, anywhere.
Our customers include major players in the media, entertainment, and Multichannel Video Programming Distribution industries and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control, and optimize live and file-based video.
We’re a growing team of engineers, video scientists, product and business experts. Our diverse team is driven to advance the business of video. Join our profitable scale-up with opportunities for career growth in both depth and breadth of experience.
You are passionate about making the complex simple – for your customers and team. You thrive in a highly intellectual agile, scaling environment that challenges you to deliver the best. You care intensely about delivering results to our customers and you are driven to achieve targets and identify new opportunities to satisfy their current and future needs. Your can-do attitude and team player approach reflects our culture and desire to be amazing! In this role you will beresponsible for timely and accurate recording of all accounting transactions and preparation of regular financial reporting in support of organization’s strategic and operational goals.
Here’s what you can expect to take care of:
- Timely & accurate preparation of all sales invoices, co-ordinating efforts with sales team
- Follow-up as required on outstanding receivables and applying customer payments received
- Responsible for cash disbursement cycle, including recording supplier invoices & payments and employee expense reports
- Responsible for recording and reconciling all credit card transactions
- Preparation of weekly bank reconciliations & monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Responsible for recording journal entries for all accounting transactions including accruals, prepaids & capital assets etc.
- Prepare statutory remittances and reporting for taxes, and reconcile accounts
- Support month-end and year-end close process on a timely basis, including preparation of working papers
- Preparation of draft financial monthly, quarterly & annual statements to meet reporting deadlines
- Generate variance analysis for Controller to provide insight on results
- Preparation of monthly sales reporting & monthly variance analysis
- Support of budget & forecasting processes, as required
- Ad hoc financial analysis as required
- Process employee payroll and perform the required reconciliation processes at the end of the pay cycle such as Employer Payroll remittances and required documents such as Record of Employment
- Assist with preparing schedules for consolidated audit, quarterly reviews and statutory reporting
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles and accounting policies
- Ensure adequate internal controls exist over the accounting that results from business activities
- Improve efficiency of accounting & reporting processes, identifying and implementing opportunities for automation
- Apply business knowledge and new concepts to analyze problems and make recommendations; assess consequences of various courses of action and recommend optimal approaches
- Participate in implementation of new accounting systems; develop and maintain accounting processes efficiently in these systems.
- Understand business activities & company projects to ensure resulting financial transactions are properly recorded
- Identify accounting or reporting issues, researching problems and recommending appropriate courses of action to resolve issues
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- 3-5 years experience in an Accounting role
- Accounting Diploma or Bachelor’s degree or in Accounting
- Related business experience, preferably in technology company
- CPA designation or working towards completion of CPA desirable
- Thorough understanding of accounting policies and practices including but not limited to cash receipts and disbursement cycles
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent time management & organization skills
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial reports and results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and problem solve independently
- Analytical thinker
- Excellent computer skills and understanding of financial applications software
- Experienced with multiple accounting systems, and Microsoft Excel
- Ideally experienced with implementation of new accounting systems
- Decision-making and priority-setting based on long & short-term organizational goals
We thank all applicants but only candidates chosen to be interviewed will be contacted.