Director of Operations
- Intellijoint Surgical Inc.
- Waterloo, ON
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
Working as part of the Intellijoint senior leadership team, the Director of Operations will develop, manage and assist the Operations Team while overseeing the daily company production operations and facilitating business long-term success. Areas of responsibility include forecasting, capacity and production planning, purchasing, receiving, inventory, manufacturing, exporting, sustaining engineering, process improvements, product service and customer service.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the management team to identify goals that drive operational activities.
- Lead the operations portion of the business budgeting process.
- Establish and satisfy the Operations Department’s priorities and resource allocations while effectively maintaining operations schedules, quality, cost factors, customer demands and performance to budget.
- Plan, monitor, manage, coordinate and support the day-to-day running of the operations functions to ensure performance meets company needs.
- Operations functions include forecasting, capacity and production planning, purchasing, receiving, inventory, manufacturing, exporting, product service and customer service.
- Manage and improve the necessary processes to efficiently and compliantly ship product across international boarders.
- Support the efficient design transfer activities of new products to production.
- Manage and coordinate sustaining engineering activities.
- In conjunction with the Quality Management System, develop and implement methods and procedures designed to continuously improve product quality and process efficiencies.
- Lead, develop and maintain a high performing operations team.
- Develop, maintain and report key performance metrics.
- Responsible for facilities management and Health and Safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS or BA in business, supply chain, manufacturing or equivalent
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles relating operations performance to other departments’ needs
- 10+ years in Operations required, 3-5 years of experience in a similar leadership role is preferred
- Experience in a regulated quality system (e.g. ISO, FDA QSR, etc.) environment is preferred
- Experience using an ERP system is preferred
Soft Skills and Key Characteristics
- Strong leadership abilities and comfortable directing a team while rolling up your sleeves to get things done
- Start-up mentality and team player
- Comfortable with uncertain and complex environments
- Results oriented mentality, aggressively driving projects to completion
- Creative problem solver who uses common sense to tackle challenges
- Highly organized with an ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Accurate and attentive to detail while still focusing on priorities and deadlines
- Top notch communicator (both written and verbal) that works well with cross-functional teams