Job Title: Software Developer – Python
At the forefront of Viewer Intelligence, SSIMWAVE is built on our Emmy® Award-winning algorithm. SSIMWAVE is defining the future of video delivery with the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. With SSIMWAVE technology, video distributors, networks and studios can keep up with the explosive growth of video and deliver the ultimate viewing experience to consumers on any screen, anywhere.
Our customers include major players in the media, entertainment, and Multichannel Video Programming Distribution industries and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control, and optimize live and file-based video.
We’re a growing team of engineers, video scientists, product and business experts. Our diverse team is driven to advance the business of video. Join our profitable scale-up with opportunities for career growth in both depth and breadth of experience.
You are passionate about making the complex simple – for your customers and your colleagues. You thrive in a highly intellectual agile environment that challenges you to deliver the best. You care intensely about delivering results and do what needs to be done to make your team successful. You crave seeing your work matter to your team and your customers.
About the Position
- Design and implement reusable components for our automation infrastructure
- Produce high-quality, maintainable and testable code to enable scalable growth
- Own your work from inception to deployment, driving the full software lifecycle
- Contribute to the vision of making every commit releasable
- Mentor a world-class development team in Python development and best practices
- Work in a fast-paced scale-up environment closely with the executives and customers
- 3-5 years Software development experience in Python and object oriented design and implementation.
- 1+ years experience in standard software development methodologies.
- Ability to mentor others in solid Python development skills and infrastructure design
- A thorough understanding of the python libraries
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests
- Be passionate about developing high quality, robust software.
- Automation of devops or test frameworks
- Exposure to video streaming technologies
- Exposure to data streaming technologies (Kafka)
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Other scripting languages (bash)
- Familiarity with test frameworks such as Robot, pytest, unittest, etc.
- Experience using git for version control
- Proficiency working in a Linux environment
- Experience working with and designing software for virtualisation and containerisation technologies (KVM, VMWare, Virtual Box, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Open community participation such as StackExchange, GitHub.
We thank all applicants but only candidates chosen to be interviewed will be contacted