Transform the way the world runs networks
In your role as a Data Scientist you’ll be part of a dynamic innovative team supporting the Office of Chief Technology Officer in developing Data Analytics and Machine Learning Algorithms for Automating the operation of Telecommunication Networks.
- Define, develop and test Machine Learning models to support generation of new insights, and make predictions within Sandvine’s platform.
- The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of math, statistics, and computer science with a demonstrated interest in implementing ML algorithms in Python. We are looking for someone who is both well versed in the science of AI/ML and who has the skills to build models to help put the science into practice.
What Skills You Bring
- Master’s or PhD degree in either: Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in developing Machine Learning implementations
- Experience with advanced data modeling, machine learning algorithms, and data science techniques, including the majority of the following topics: clustering, linear regression, classification, ensemble methods, cross validation, model evaluation, feature extraction and selection, hyper-parameter tuning, dimensionality reduction, and neural networks.
- Strong programming skills in Python and optionally C/C++.
- Proficiency in Scipy stack (Numpy, Pandas, Sklearn, Matplotlib, etc), and Tensorflow.
- A good communicator — must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to varied audiences and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
- Experience with iPython Notebooks, and SQL
Networks are evolving, and operators need to keep up. At Sandvine, we’re working with innovative customers who are looking to embrace change and constantly improve. By combining analytics, machine learning, and automation, we help hundreds of network operators around the world make their networks run simpler and smarter – all while exceeding their expectations.
As a Sandviner, you’ll take on new challenges, learn from industry leaders, and contribute to creative solutions as part of a growing team that is transforming the way the world runs networks.
What Can You Expect From Us
- Competitive salary
- Benefits and vacation from day one
- Commitment to employee health and well-being (e.g. on-site chiropractor and massage therapist, work from home opportunities, monthly fitness challenges)
- Daily lunch delivery services
- Fun work environment that includes team events, sports leagues, on-site gaming + complementary drinks and snacks
Sandvine Applicant Data Protection Authorization
Thank you for your interest in Sandvine. In order to consider you for possible employment with Sandvine, we need to collect and process some of your personal data. Please read the following Sandvine Data Protection Authorization and provide your consent to collect and process your personal information for employment consideration. Your data will be retained by Sandvine in our global recruitment system located in Canada for a period of five years.
The information you are submitting to Sandvine is considered personal information and may be protected by worldwide data protection laws, including but not limited to the Canadian PIPEDA and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Sandvine takes data privacy compliance very seriously and is committed to compliance with all applicable privacy laws. Sandvine requires your permission to collect, process, use, store, and share your personal information, as well as transfer this information to our recruitment system. Sandvine will not share, sell, or rent your personal information with or to third parties for their personal use without your consent. Access to your data will be strictly limited to Sandvine’s Staffing Operations, Recruitment Personnel, Sandvine Hiring Managers, and relevant employees selected to conduct employment interviews. Any individual requiring access to your personal data as part of his/her job responsibilities is trained on data privacy laws and held accountable for compliance.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to this authorization, including providing consent to collect your personal data for the purpose of potential employment or an internship with Sandvine. We will not be able to accept applications otherwise.
Thank-you for your interest in Sandvine. While we’re not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role.
Sandvine is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability or disability.
If you have an interview or workplace accommodation request, please contact our Global Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.