HP generated over $52 billion in annual revenues in 2017 and over $6 billion in operating profit. HP ships over 50 million printers - and over 60 million PCs - each year. HP products are inspired by our customers and reflect our passion to fuse form, function, style and reliability into great personal computing systems that enrich people’s lives. This focus - coupled with unmatched global scale - has made HP the world’s leader in printers, PCs and supplies.
HP Customer Support On-site Delivery
HP's Customer Support On-site Delivery organization works with our customers to effectively manage their IT needs across their businesses, across the world. Our Field Tech Support Reps, the backbone of our Printer & Personal Systems Services business, are assigned to, and engage in, projects at our customers' sites across a wide variety of industry verticals including Retail, Financial Services, Healthcare, Insurance, and Manufacturing.
The complexity of technology deployment, management, and support is creating demand for evolved technology support service offerings that meet performance, cost, availability, reliability, security, and scalability demands. The appetite for HP Services Support is expanding rapidly as enterprises of all stripes realize they can't "do it all". The onsite organization will provide the best in class customer experience for our customers.
Role of Field Technical Support Representative
HP On-site Delivery team requires a new Field Support Representative to service our customers in the Greater Toronto Area. The Field Technical Support Representative is crucial to post sales service delivery. You'll be involved in the repair of a variety of HP Print and Graphics Hardware and Personal Computers, as well as have exposure to networking products and operating systems. You will be responsible for delivering high quality onsite hardware support service to a large customer base, from Enterprise to SMB customers. You'll install and repair print systems, laptop and desktop computers, workstations, graphic print products and peripherals at various customer locations with minimal supervision. You'll also run on-site and remote diagnostics and support account managers in a 24/7 environment.
Customer Support and Services (CSS) supports HP’s Printing and Personal Systems (HP) organization that includes personal computers, technical workstations, printers, graphics solutions, managed-print services and internet services. The CSS organization is committed to delivering the best customer experience and service delivery.
- Primary contact for all customer related service issues that are assigned.
- Interact with Customers to ensure a high level of Customer satisfaction following established procedures.
- Establish and promote professional business relationships with our customers.
- Provide information to HP systems to fulfill real time administrative needs.
- Achieve productivity and quality goals as set forth by management.
- Deliver standard services.
- Configure system hardware, software and network components.
- Perform installations, reinstallations, maintenance, and repairs on Customer equipment.
- Provide advanced product support for volume products.
- Provide break-fix reactive support and installation for low-end/mid-end and high-end products.
Education and Requirements:
- Technical College Graduate or Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work related experience as a minimum.
- Experience with printer, desktop and laptop device repair.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office products is an asset.
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver's license. Travel is required within the Greater Toronto Area and South Western Ontario.
- Fluency in English.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Relevant product/company knowledge.
- Very strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Strong and professional communications skills; proficient in oral, written and telephone communication skills.
- Fundamental presentation skills.
- Ability to gather relevant information systematically and to solve problems, anticipate needs, develop and propose solutions and gain agreement.
- Ability to build and maintain ongoing relationships with customers, peers and support partners.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with people at all levels.
- Perform reporting and administrative functions. Manage time effectively.
- Self-motivated individual with a commitment to excellence and willing to accept new challenges in a dynamic environment.
- Identifies/resolves complex malfunctions, runs system diagnostics/tests, and installs a wide variety of hardware and software.
- Highly motivated by customer satisfaction and enjoy working in a TEAM environment with various teams in the support area.
About HP Canada Co.
HP Canada Co. creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. HP Canada is Canada’s most environmentally responsible IT company (www.hp.ca/environment) and is the only PC company on Canada’s Greenest employers list in 2018.
Thank you for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended at any time.
HP Canada Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity. Upon request by qualified candidates, accommodation of special needs may be considered during all stages of the selection process within the framework of the HP Accommodation Policy. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HP's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.