Software Automation Test Engineer
Software Automation Test Engineer
Reporting to: Quality Engineering Director
What you’ll be doing:
iS5 Communications is currently looking for a creative and experienced Software Automation Test Engineer with a great can-do attitude and passion for developing automatic testing solution for network equipment. The Software Automation Test Engineer will be a part of our QA team and will lead the QA automation development activities such as development and maintenance of automation framework, design and develop automatic test cases for functional system level test execution and regression testing. Along with the iS5 QA team, the candidate will interact with testing and development teams in multiple locations. The role will include understanding iS5 customer requirements & product solutions, forming knowledge and opinions about system level test coverage, being a writer and/or a key reviewer for system test plans & coverage and providing technical knowledge sharing inside the company.
- Lead design and developing testing automation framework/tools that can support component-level testing automation for new functionalities and regression testing suite for system-level end to end services and Web UI for network equipment and applications.
- Investigate and recommend innovative automated test approaches and processes for existing and upcoming new software and hardware products that are in the QA’s testing scope.
- Participate in continuously improving automated testing methodologies to enable testers to maximize test coverage of the full depth of enterprise products.
- Review functional and technical documentation to identify requirements for the new function implementation in order to supporting new features test automation.
- Execute automated testing scripts and generate testing result report.
- Based on automated testing result report, work with QA test lead and developers to ensure all functionalities have been tested, defects have been identified and documented, impacts have been assessed, and resolutions provided.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or equivalent areas.
- 7 plus years of strong programming skills in Python and Perl.
- Experience in test automation framework development is required.
- Hands-on experience in test automation development for Network equipment (switches/routers) is required.
- Must have experience of automation implementation of network simulator/analyzers like Spirent/Ixia/Perf/Wireshark, etc.…
- Knowledge or experience in Spirent ITest an asset.
- Strong analytical skills, creativity, and detail-oriented.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification (an asset).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- To fit in our growing and diverse team, you must be:
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Proactive and energetic, creative and self-starter
- Team-oriented and collaborator who is committed to the organization and its vision.
What iS5Com offers:
At iS5 Communications Inc. our team is everything! You will have an opportunity to join a talented, fast-paced, and collaborative team. Some of the perks our team members have are:
- Medical, Dental and Vision care benefits
- Access to public transportation
- Flexible work hours
- Casual Friday dress code all week long!
- Employee Referral Programs
- And more!
iS5 Communications Inc. is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights code. iS5 Communications Inc. will provide accommodations throughout all aspects of the recruitment process, upon request from candidates.