Business Development Executive
About the Role
Do you have a history of playing sports and understand the concept of competing with yourself as much as the opposing team? Reis information Systems is looking to build an outbound sales team and is on the hunt to fill positions. We want professionals with experience plus a desire to grow.
This role will be under the guidance of a senior sales professional who will mentor, coach, and hold the chosen candidate accountable.
We want someone who understands the potential in this opportunity and has the ambition to reap the rewards. As a business development executive, you'll play an integral role in Reis’ growth, applying your skills to develop sales opportunities for our information technology (IT) services. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone planning for a career in any aspect of the IT industry (cybersecurity, cloud computing, enterprise software, networking, etc.).
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities
You'll be responsible for generating leads for our IT services. We work in the business-to-business space, so you will be calling on thousands of companies across southern Ontario, with the goal of booking meetings for our account executives to present proposals and win new business.
Every day, you will focus on:
- Conducting high-level conversations with influencers and decision-makers at targeted companies
- Delivering compelling explanations of Reis’ capabilities to your audience
- Achieving your monthly quota of qualified opportunities and meetings scheduled
- Creating word-of-mouth for Reis’ services
- Generating new business opportunities
As the first point-of-contact in the sales process, we are seeking someone who knows how to make an excellent first impression and has the energy to follow-up on promising leads. The following traits are important to have for a successful Business Development Executive:
- Friendly and positive demeanor
- The ability to quickly build rapport over the phone
- Great communication skills, both verbally, and in writing
- Strong work ethic
- Experience using Microsoft Office, especially Outlook
- An outstanding grasp of the English language, both written and spoken
- Experience with professional networking
- Experience with social networking, especially LinkedIn
- Work experience in the 519 and 905 area codes
- Work experience in the information technology industry
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of B2B sales experience
- Previous experience cold calling and prospecting
- Previous technical sales experience
- Previous experience exceeding a sales quota (show us what you’ve closed)
- A “compete with yourself” attitude
- A history of taking action and seizing opportunities
- Curiosity, boldness, a relentless energy
- Entrepreneurial experience
- A valid Ontario Driver's License and access to a vehicle
Apply via workintech.ca or email your application to Patrick Farrer <email@example.com>, subject line “Business Development Executive”
- Resume with academic, professional, and volunteer experience
- Cover letter outlining the reasons your skills and experience would benefit Reis Information Systems
- Any other documents (certifications, writing samples, etc.) that you would consider relevant to the role
Base salary + a rewarding commission package. Details to be negotiated during the final phase of the interview process.
About Reis Information Systems
From the start, we set out with the goal to make it our business to enhance our client’s businesses. We don’t just supply hardware and software, but also technical expertise and guidance our clients. IT touches every single part of a company. Our job is to help our clients capitalize on those technology investments.
Since 2008 we have been handling the Information Technology needs of hundreds of companies. Our clients have relied on our expertise to manage administration to complex Cisco networks and VMware private cloud systems.
Our proactive and effective ManagedCare™ support services give you peace of mind knowing that your information technology is in capable hands.
Located centrally in Kitchener within the Waterloo Region, we support hundreds of locations across Canada, the United States, Brazil, Germany, and beyond.
We Specialize In:
- Cisco/Meraki, VMware, Storage Infrastructure
- IT Project Management
- Datacentre Management
- Managed Services
- Fraction IT Director
- Managed Security and Penetration Testing
Reis Information Systems strives to be the best IT Managed Services, Systems Integrator and Project Management firm. This has been proven with its high customer retention rate over a decade in business.
For more information, visit www.reis.ca