Descartes (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX) is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. Descartes has over 220,000 connected parties using its cloud-based services. Customers use our modular, software-as-a-service solutions to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; access global trade data; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world's largest, collaborative multimodal logistics community. Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
The Systems and Network Analyst will assist in the proactive contribution and on-going support and maintenance of the operational environment (servers, operating systems, network and end user equipment). You will support a variety of hardware and software and ensure that performance and availability of the IT Infrastructure is always maintained at the highest standards. You will integrate new environments from acquisitions and manage the international WAN and LAN. This will involve supporting all IS departments and the business with their specific networking needs.
- Manage data center inventories related to systems, space and requests for moves, additions and changes of hardware. You ensure that the environment is always update to date (implementing patches, service packs, etc.).
- Assist in the implementation, configuration, maintenance and monitoring of our enterprise storage and backup systems.
- Assist in the implementation, configuration, maintenance and monitoring VPN infrastructure including point-to-point and Client SSL VPNs.
- Assist in server and network related project management activities to support all lines of business.
- Install and configure new servers, firewalls, switches, load balancers and virtual machines.
- Document problems and resolution for future reference. You are responsible for knowledge transfer to other system/network engineers. You create procedures and keep documentation up to date.
- Assist in infrastructure related projects like integration of datacenters, improvement and extension of the complete infrastructure in terms of functionality and technology.
- Monitor system performance and implement performance tuning.
- Support of all voice technologies including Mitel VoIP.
- Work with the team to identify new technology and design initiatives.
- Escalation point for all network support analysis.
- always Produce professional logical and physical documentation for all systems and keep CMDB up to date.
- This position requires on-call/standby for a 24/7 operation.
- A degree or diploma in IT, computer science or related discipline.
- 2+ years of IT Systems and Network experience.
- Descartes will support the candidate to learn on the job and build up extensive experience, however knowledge or experience on any of the following is considered an asset :
- Dell/EMC² (XtremIO), HPE (3PAR,MSA) or equivalent SAN technologies
- Backup systems: Data Domain, Legato networker or equivalent
- MS, UNIX and VMware operating systems.
- Networking: Cisco, Juniper
- Windows Server Family OS
- Linux OS : CentOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu LTS
- Formal training and/or hands-on experience with Juniper, Cisco and Checkpoint devices is an asset.
- Ability to quickly and accurately diagnose and correct all network/VoIP problems.
- Excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and leadership skills.
We offer a flexible and casual work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective.
Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to email@example.com citing “Senior Network Analyst” in the subject of your message. We thank all applicants for their interest in Descartes; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which will include a criminal background check and may include a credit check and verification of education and previous employment.