Senior Network Analyst
Descartes (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX) is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. Descartes has over 220,000 connected parties using its cloud-based services. Customers use our modular, software-as-a-service solutions to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; access global trade data; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world's largest, collaborative multimodal logistics community. Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
The Senior Network Analyst will be responsible for all second and third-level networking support and architecture at The Descartes Systems Group Inc. This will involve supporting all IS departments and the business with their specific networking needs.
- Approve/validate network design for Descartes’ LAN and WANs.
- Responsible for all Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) design and configuration for large multi-path network.
- Responsible for all Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) design and configuration for multiple internet connections.
- Responsible for all Quality of Service (QOS) design and configuration on both LAN and GRE-encapsulated WANs.
- Design and perform installation and configure changes to Cisco/Juniper routers and switches.
- Responsible for all content switching and load balancing using F5 BIG-IP.
- Responsible for firewall/access control functions using Cisco Firewalls, advanced ACLs, Checkpoint Firewall, Juniper.
- Support of all voice technologies including Mitel VoIP.
- Responsible for all VPN configuration and design, including point-to-point and Client SSL VPNs.
- Work with the team to identify new technology and design initiatives.
- Escalation point for all network support analysis.
- Produce professional logical and physical documentation for all systems.
- This position requires on-call/standby for a 24/7 operation.
- A degree or diploma in IT, computer science or related discipline.
- 5+ years of Network IT experience.
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of:
- Cisco routers (Cisco Sup 720, 73xx, 38xx, 28xx, 18xx) and switches (Catalyst 650x, 450x, 37xx, 29xx).
- Juniper (EX-4200/4550, EX920x, SRX)
- MS, UNIX and VMware operating systems.
- Network monitoring tools and strategies (NetFlow, Sniffer and Orion).
- Formal training and/or hands-on experience with Juniper devices is an asset.
- Ability to quickly and accurately diagnose and correct all network/VoIP problems.
- Excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and leadership skills.
- Registration or eligibility with CCIE preferred.
We offer a flexible and casual work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective.
Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org citing “Senior Network Analyst” in the subject of your message. We thank all applicants for their interest in Descartes; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which will include a criminal background check and may include a credit check and verification of education and previous employment.