UX Research & Design Co-op
Project theme: Improving user experience for scientific instrumentation software through innovate solutions.
We are transforming our software offerings to improve accuracy, throughput, and overall customer experience. This means a simplified user interface, a streamlined workflow, and an extendable software base through vertical apps and add-ons with built-in machine learning capabilities.
We are strategically located at the Tannery Hub in Kitchener, allowing you to easily interact with startups of all stages and other enterprise innovation labs to stay well-informed about advanced tech.
We are looking for great individuals to join our UX team to help us to develop innovative software experiences. If you got what it takes, let's talk! Please send us a resume & portfolio.
The UX Co-op is required to do the following:
· Assist in user research activities such as interviewing, survey formation, note-taking & testing
· Creating wireframes & prototypes based on research findings
· Partaking in sessions with developers to pass along knowledge of major findings
· Coming up with innovative solutions to user problems via collaboration sessions
· Research skills: usability testing, heuristic evaluations, customer journey mapping, flow mapping, interviewing real users (bonus)
· Design skills: prototyping (Sketch, Adobe Suite), wireframing
· Background in Design, HCI, Social Sciences or Software Engineering with UX focus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
$700-$900 Weekly (depends on experience and skillset).
CAREER DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING
A chance to work in both UX research & design in an environment that allows for creative freedom, and collaboration with development teams & business units.