Virtual CIO (Client Success Manager / Virtual CIO / Fractional CIO)
CopperTree Solutions Inc., a Managed IT Service Provider serving Waterloo and surrounding areas, is currently seeking a full-time Virtual CIO to act as our client success manager.
This role consists of providing hands on technology leadership for our clients, working with business leaders to determine how they can better leverage technology in their organizations to increase productivity and collaboration, and reduce risk, and to set and execute the IT strategy. The individual we are looking for exhibits strong leadership capabilities and possesses a solid understanding of how businesses work with the ability to have peer to peer conversations with high level executives within our client organizations. In addition to leadership and business skills the successful candidate will have a solid knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure with the ability to understand how technology can be leveraged to improve business outcomes, and how to solve business challenges with technology.
At CopperTree, we believe strongly in living and breathing our values.
There’s a spirit of adventure here – we are risk takers. We’re a highly progressive and growing organization and don’t believe in standing still. You’ll discover that you have lots of freedom here, freedom to create and innovate. We are not the biggest company in our industry, but we are a leader, and are known for our consistency of approach. Most importantly, while you’re working with CopperTree, it’s vital to us that you enjoy your career journey.
As a result of our growing business, we are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to take a leadership role in managing our client relationships. In this role, you will take on responsibility for our client’s technology success and the results they experience from their technology. This is a hands-on position in which you will be analyzing results and infrastructure, putting forward recommendations on upgrades and improvements for hardware, software, and processes, and meeting with leaders and decision makers at our client organizations to help them get the most out of technology.
- Taking on primary responsibility for our client’s technology success.
- Acting as the point of contact for client change requests, upgrades etc.
- Developing and putting forward recommendations for improving our client’s IT infrastructure and user experience.
- Working with internal peers to develop specifications, select products, and develop quotes and proposals for system upgrades and improvements.
- Helping our clients leverage technology to reach their organizational goals.
- Working with internal teams to help improve the client experience.
- Providing high level project oversight and coordination during the implementation of recommendations.
- Highly motivated, self-driven with a positive attitude and a “never give up” mentality.
- Strong understanding of business principles and challenges.
- The personal “presence” to have a peer to peer discussion with CEO’s about their business challenges and technology.
- A deep interest and curiosity about what makes businesses tick and how they could improve their operational results through the use of technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to schedule yourself, work independently and discover solutions for unusual and difficult problems.
- A working knowledge of a broad variety of technologies including but not limited to: Workstations and servers, Windows domains, email systems such as Exchange and Office 365, collaboration tools such as CRM and ERP software, networking and firewall infrastructure, cloud services, virtualization, phone systems.
- 10+ years in a technology leadership role.
- Driver’s license valid for use in Ontario
- Attractive base pay plus performance incentives.
- Opportunity to play a key role in a growing organization.
- Central Waterloo location
CopperTree Solutions Inc. is a growing company and an equal opportunity employer. If you require any kind of special accommodation to apply for this role, please let us know. If you are looking for a challenge and are willing to grow with us, please contact us. Thank you.