The Testing Specialist is responsible for executing and reporting on the testing and quality assurance of Ricoh-developed software products and associated tools and documents, in collaboration with the software development team, and based on the functional specifications and design documents.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan basic test cases based on an overall test plan and functional specifications.
- Execute test cases.
- Troubleshoot problems and report defects.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure the resolution of the defects.
- Good knowledge of software testing processes and tools.
- College diploma or university degree, or similar, preferably in Computer Science or an equivalent field.
- 2+ years of relevant software testing experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot software problems.
- Ability to both work independently and to collaborate with others.
- Good technical communication skills (oral and written).
- Good proficiency in reading and technical writing in English.
- A passion for excellence and customer satisfaction.
We are committed to providing you with a safe, healthy, and supporting work environment that helps you to achieve your every single day goals both at work and at home. We continuously work to provide you with a well-rounded benefits package and other tools to support you.
Flexible Work Options
We recognize that juggling all of the various areas of your life can be difficult. Therefore, we offer flexible work arrangements depending on business needs, which allow you a better work-life balance. These include: flextime, telecommuting, job sharing, and part-time work.
Whether it is to relax on the beach, staycation with your family, or take time for yourself, we offer various time-off programs to support your needs. Some examples include vacation with pay and the option of purchasing additional vacation each calendar year, paid Family, Health & Personal (FHP) Days.
We want to help you learn, grow, and achieve your full potential. We offer several programs for you to craft your future with us. The programs include:
- The Ricoh Learning Institute
- Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Education Assistance Program
Rewarding your Efforts
Our compensation strategy is developed to attract and retain the best employees in the industry. Ricoh offers and contributes to a Retirement Plan (RRSP) and depending on the role, Ricoh also offers other compensation initiatives such as commission and bonus plans.
Ricoh's "Be The Change" (BTC) Program offers monetary and non-monetary recognition for those who focus and commit to The Ricoh Way.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.