Software Quality Engineer
Location: Kitchener, or London, Ontario
Why you’ll love to work here:
- Join a startup that’s not a startup – Want to be part of a small and tightknit team in a casual, fun environment? Want to be challenged and see how your work advances the product and helps customers? Don’t want to worry about if anyone actually wants the product or if the next round of funding is going to cover your paycheck? We’ve got a kick-ass product, team and are rapidly growing organically with 100+ Fortune 1000 customers.
- Cool products, great tech – Payments is transforming, and we are at the center of it – how we buy online digital wallets, and alternative payments. We build cloud-based solutions to help our customers be at the forefront of e-payments with easy integration and total security.
- Love where you work – We’re in the heart of Kitchener in a modern, open space. Sit or stand at your desk, and work with the newest hardware. Have a breakout session in our lounge area. Check out the values we live by and why our team loves being at Delego.
What you’ll do:
This is a software quality engineer position where you will have the opportunity to work with everything from web-based front ends to back-end services hosted in the cloud, along with integrations to leading ERP systems and payment processing gateways.
Test automation is a priority for us, so you'll be spending some of your time designing and developing automation scripts to further strengthen our regression guard.
The main technologies we are developing in are Java and Angular for deployment to an AWS cloud environment.
As a member of our product team, you'll work independently and with others to test our existing products and new features that set us apart from the competition.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- The design, development, and execution of functional and regression testing for feature releases and patches
- Collaborating with other team members on the scoping and sizing of proposed product changes
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a smart, self-motivated, success-oriented individual to join our growing team of professionals.
You've worked in a quality engineer role for over 2 years and you know what it takes to deliver an enterprise-class product that meets your customer's needs on time and with high quality.
You're an excellent problem solver who knows how to manage your time and prioritize your work and you enjoy working with others to produce solutions that meet or exceed requirements.
Specifically, the ideal candidate should have:
- 2+ years of software quality testing experience
- Practical working knowledge of Java, Unix/Linux
- Experience with automated testing and/or scripting tools (e.g. Protractor, bash, python…)
- Experience with REST and/or SOAP
- A Computer Science/Software Engineering/Computer Engineering or related degree
Bonus points for the following:
- Practical knowledge and experience with Git/Gerrit and Jenkins
- Experience with testing for cloud-hosted environment and AWS in particular
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge and/or experience working with SAP
Do you have some but not all of these qualifications? Talk to us anyway. We are always looking for smart people who can learn quickly and grow into a role.
At Delego we secure, integrate and enable e-payments for the world’s largest companies running SAP. We integrate with over 50 payment processors, provide direct connections for alternate payments and accelerate e-commerce with digital wallet and express checkout enablement - all seamlessly integrated into our customers’ web store and SAP. Our proprietary tokenization technology secures the payment ecosystem, keeping sensitive payment information from being transmitted or stored in enterprise applications, web stores, call centers and networks, eliminating data breach risk and dramatically easing PCI compliance effort and cost.
Delego Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delego Software Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.