Administrative Assistant (Immigration Department)
Education is a right, not a privilege. Our mission at ApplyBoard is to make quality education accessible to students around the world. Through our AI-powered platform, students from across the globe have access to the best institutions in Canada and the USA; allowing them to easily pursue their educational dreams. Our experts help streamline the application process from submission to enrollment and take care of all the details in between.
ApplyBoard now has the largest user-base in the study abroad industry in the world. We are backed by some of the most prestigious global venture capitalists in Silicon Valley and Toronto and are one of the fastest growing tech companies in the Waterloo region.
We are a start-up built on innovation and diversity. Our team comprises of over 50% women, 10 nationalities and over 12 languages spoken! Over the last 3 years, we have grown to have employees internationally, with team members in Canada, Vietnam, China, India, and Nepal, with no signs of slowing down!
We are looking for an experienced and detail orientated Administrative Assistant to join our growing Immigration Department and take our company and platform to the next level!
In this role you’ll:
- Correlate various documents
- Identify and investigate further information for documents that are considered to be incomplete
- Ensure accurate completion of documentation, by throughly and efficiently reviewing completed work, checking for computation errors or duplicate values
- Prepare and present files
- Support with any additional administrative duties or initiatives as required
- 1-2 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to a diverse audience
- Aptitude for prioritizing tasks with an attention to detail to ensure information accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport across all levels of an organization
- Masterful in operating efficiently in an incredibly fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office products
- Minimum Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
- Bilingual, considered an asset
What We Offer:
Besides having the opportunity to work with a brilliant and globally diverse team we also offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package, vacation and more to keep you healthy and happy!
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.