Education is a right, not a privilege. Our mission at ApplyBoard is to make quality education accessible to students around the world. Through our AI-powered platform, students from across the globe have access to the best institutions in Canada and the USA; allowing them to easily pursue their educational dreams. Our experts help streamline the application process from submission to enrollment and take care of all the details in between.
ApplyBoard now has the largest user-base in the study abroad industry in the world. We are backed by some of the most prestigious global venture capitalists in Silicon Valley and Toronto and are one of the fastest growing tech companies in the Waterloo region.
We are a start-up built on innovation and diversity. Our team comprises of over 50% women, 10 nationalities and over 12 languages spoken! Over the last 3 years, we have grown to have employees internationally, with team members in Canada, Vietnam, China, India, and Nepal, with no signs of slowing down!
We are looking for an experienced, passionate and self-motivated Executive Assistant to support our Chief Executive Officer.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Various administrative tasks including but limited to: complex calendar management, travel arrangements both domestically and internationally, agenda setting and minute taking, expense reporting, correspondents and event coordination
- Interfacing as the point of contact with various internal and external stakeholders; communicating across various platforms i.e. Email, Messenger, Telephone etc…
- Serving as liaison between Leadership, Employees and Board of Directors on behalf of the CEO
- Assisting with the preparation of presentations and speciality projects, in relation to business development and management
- Travel both domestically and internationally, as needed
- 2-3 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant
- Masterful problem-solver who can operate efficiently in an incredibly fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport across all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to a diverse audience
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy and integrity with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- An independent self-starter who thrives in a collaborative team environment
- Aptitude for prioritizing tasks with an attention to detail to ensure information accuracy
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office products
- Strategic thinker with experience managing and executing various projects
- Minimum Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
- Bilingual, considered an asset
What We Offer:
Besides having the opportunity to work with a brilliant and globally diverse team we also offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package, vacation and more to keep you healthy and happy!
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.