Think insurance is boring? We did too. So we built a company that takes everything you think you know about buying insurance and turns it on its head. At Cover, we’re disrupting an industry. It’s something we’re proud of, and it inspires us to come into work every day. Everyone here is passionate about what we’re doing, using cutting-edge tools to build leading-edge tech.
We are a Silicon Valley startup operating in Toronto, and we are scaling. Right now, we’re looking for smart, collaborative, innovators to be part of our dynamic environment. A place that celebrates successes, welcomes debate and nurtures a positive, learning atmosphere. Every Friday, we hear from the leadership, sync up our San Francisco and Toronto offices, show off what we’ve built and have fun. We’re not saving the world, but we are saving people money and ensuring they get a fair deal in a way that exemplifies what smartphones were built to do. Bring us your ideas and your energy; show up ready to have a creative conversation. We will help you achieve your best potential.
Five fast facts
- We read. As part of our Technical Book Club, we just finished reading Building Microservices and Eloquent Ruby.
- We learn. As part of our continuous commitment to learning every employee has access to an annual learning stipend.
- We have challenging engineering work. We’ve built an insurance rating engine from scratch.
- We meet. Our co-founder has weekly open office hours and sets up one-on-one individual meetings as well as technical workshops to ensure everyone is up to speed and continuously learning.
- We have a lot of fun. We have ping pong tournaments at Spin; axe throwing competitions; escape room adventures and kickoff long weekends with cocktails created by the founders.
- We have unbeatable benefits. Gym memberships; daily lunch stipend and an enviable vacation policy.
Who we need
We need a high energy, talented, data-driven Digital Marketing Specialist who is ready to step up, garner the attention of prospects and grow our brand awareness. A Digital Marketing Specialist who wants to build their own brand, expand their skills and apply their knowledge to make a tangible impact on our growth. This is a chance to drive the end-to-end planning, development, and execution of new digital marketing campaigns. It’s an opportunity to work closely with the Design team to ramp up existing social campaigns.
What you will do:
- Dive in and dig deep. You will develop a solid understanding of Cover and our current and planned marketing campaigns. You will:
- Determine strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities of all projects - with a focus on social channel initiatives.
- Examine the potential impacts related to platform updates and algorithm updates.
- Analyze and report on traffic, commentary, insights, and actions on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Strategize and execute. You will assist with the overall strategic direction and delivery of campaigns – be it from a consumer, data or performance perspective. You will:
- Ensure successful setup and deployment of both web and mobile campaigns – including keyword research, campaign creation, content & creative optimization and audience uploads across a number of platforms.
- Create and manage display, video and remarketing campaigns on platforms such as Google Display Network.
- Optimize all efforts including reviewing campaign performance, and continuous feedback.
- Implement improvements to ad copy, creative and recommend adjustments to landing pages as needed.
As our new Digital Marketing Specialist, you have:
- The experience. You have worked on small, mid-sized and larger digital marketing campaigns for 1-2 years in an agency environment or you may be at a similarly sized tech startup working on B2B campaigns. You have experience:
- Optimizing and executing mobile paid search campaigns via Google Adwords, working towards the best solutions and ongoing refinement of campaigns.
- Creating and managing paid social campaigns across partner channels including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Reddit and Snapchat.
- The technical skills. You have hands-on experience:
- Using Google Analytics, Appsflyer, and other Third-party Analytic tools.
- Developing an A/B testing plan for paid mobile campaigns.
- Applying broader analytics, including social listening, through platforms like Sysomos or Hotjar.
- Cover welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.