Business Development Rep for High Growth Startup in Guelph
- Schema App
- 15 Wyndham Street North, Guelph, ON
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Job Function
- Sales & Business Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
Schema App is on a mission to translate the world’s web content to be understood by search engines, voice assistants and augmented reality. We are experts and the to go professional solution for the super niche, geeky search optimization practice called Schema Markup. We work with the world’s leading search teams to automate their schema markup creation, maintenance and management process and then leverage it to add more business value.
Schema App has 5x our revenue in the last 6 months and in order to prepare for our next doubling, we need your help. Schema App is looking for a rock star Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our growing sales team. In this role, the BDR will be on the front lines of our sales process responsible for sourcing (outbound) and qualifying sales opportunities.
If you are goal driven, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are ready to make a huge impact in a growing company, we would love to hear from you!
We are going after bigger and bigger enterprise clients, and the big named agencies that serve them. To date, we’ve relied on customers finding us. We need someone who is going to be creative, tenacious, and smart about how they find qualified leads to help us accelerate our growth.
In the role you’ll:
- Generate sales-ready leads through a combination of cold calling, following up on nurtured marketing leads, and promptly responding to inbound inquiries
- Manage inbound leads process and utilize Pipedrive and Drip to execute outbound calls/emails to targeted accounts
- Understand Schema App’s offerings and effectively map the prospects’ needs to the solution
- Enter, update, and maintain daily activity and prospect information into Pipedrive
- Achieve and exceed monthly quotas and objectives
- Work closely with CEO, sales and marketing team members to achieve company goals
- Follow up on campaigns and provide detailed feedback on the success of each campaign
- Ensure that all new leads are processed within agreed upon SLAs
- Schedule meetings within target accounts and qualified prospects
- Identify, develop, and maintain relationships with prospective customers.
- Lead high level conversations with SEO, Search Strategist and Digital Marketing Leaders at Enterprise Multi-brand, or Multi-Nationals, and the Digital Marketing Agencies who serve them.
- Help define and improve processes to make your job easier.
What we’re looking for:
Don’t worry if you don’t have all the qualifications listed below – we are particularly interested in someone who learns quickly, so if you don’t meet some of the criteria below but think you’re up for the challenge, please still reach out – we’d love to talk to you!
- Two to three years successful sales development experience in the enterprise B2B market. SaaS/cloud-based technology experience is a plus!
- Dynamic, high energy person with demonstrated success of working independently
- Hungry for new business opportunities to fuel the sales pipeline and a track record of achieving monthly goal attainment. (e.g. meet or exceed targets)
- You love cold calling 🙂
- Excited to thrive in a fast paced environment, developing the role as things change with the business.
- Experience handling a sales pipeline in a CRM system (we use Pipedrive)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience dealing directly with customers at all levels within an organization
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Superb communication skills with the ability to demo product highlighting benefits/advantages/features
- Detail and results oriented who works well under pressure
- Self-directed, a quick study and an enthusiastic team player
It’s a plus if you:
- Have knowledge of CMS, SEO, Digital Marketing or Schema Markup
- Have worked for a Digital Marketing Agency
- Like Burritos & Coffee
In return, we can offer you the chance to grow into a senior role, work with enterprise level businesses around the world, and love coming to work. This is the opportunity to join a growing team in a role that will help define our future sales team.
What our team responded when we asked them why they like working for Schema App”
- “I like that we have a dynamic team that lets us iterate quickly to constantly improve our products.”
- “Life/Work balance is a priority with weekly One-on-One meetings ensuring that the team’s head and hearts are doing well and we are set up for success.”
- “By far is the people. I think we have a great team who respect each other and spontaneously collaborate, truly smart people, and, well, sensible and personable management. The corporate culture isn’t forced, it’s natural.”
In this first 6 months you’ll:
- Work closely with the CEO to master the language we use to tell the Schema App story
- Leverage a best-in-class sales stack to reach out to your book of leads
- Meet and exceed your monthly targets for Sales Qualified Leads
- Hone your skills in leveraging both Social and Video in your selling
- Learn how to speak fluently about Schema Markup technologies in your sales process
How do you know you are a fit?
- An Education, A university degree in Business, e-Commerce, Marketing, Math, Science, English, or Geography. Really, it is more that you have the ability to learn, are quick thinking, strong business acumen, great communication skills, and drive.
- Technology Hungry: You don’t have to be technical, but you do have to be passionate about learning technology and understanding its impact on a person and business. A lot of our sales are done by getting buy-in on the technology changes happening in the world.
- A passion and commitment to relationship building. You understand the importance of nurturing a relationship and you like listening as much or more than talking. You understand that each relationship will work on its own time, and are patient to let it grow in time.
- Personable and fun to have lunch with. You can talk to anyone about anything. People easily relate to you and trust your authenticity. You don’t let rejection get you down – it motivates you to keep going knowing you’re one step closer to the right prospect. Some might say you have an achiever personality.
- Gold Medal Team player. This role touches every aspect of our business and you can’t do your job well without the support of the team. Collaboration is the key to your success here. Respect for everyone’s unique ability is a must.
- Privately owned, no VC setting our agenda or goals. We grow the business how we want to grow the business.
- Focused on finding ways for you to do what you love each day, so it doesn't feel like work!
The Environment and Benefits:
- Schema App is based out of Guelph, in a newly renovated 1800’s Petrie Building.
- We offer competitive salaries and additional compensation for performance.
- Awesome Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, alternative medicine.
- Great coffee, bi-weekly team lunches