We’re transforming government. Our products will impact people’s everyday lives. It’s an exciting thing to be part of. We need you.
The Canadian Digital Service is focused on delivering better public services using the best technology and design, all informed by people’s needs. We’re hiring people at all levels of experience in Ottawa, Toronto, Waterloo, and Montreal.
Interaction designers work out the best way to let users interact with services, both in terms of overall flow and at the level of individual design elements.
They are responsible for creating intelligent, simple interactions that allow users to achieve their goals quickly and easily. Interaction designers collaborate extensively with developers, should be comfortable with code (HTML, CSS, GitHub), and able to rapidly develop low and high-fidelity prototypes. Interaction designers also observe and interpret user interactions during usability testing and help translate research insights into design requirements.
We’re looking for dedicated Designers to join our team:
- Your approach to design starts with inclusivity and accessibility.
- You’re great at communicating with people who aren’t familiar with design, comfortable working alongside clients during the design process, and are excited to work with people on research and testing.
- You can effectively demonstrate what your detailed design process entails.
- You are passionate about users’ experiences and want to create measurable improvements to government services.
- You have experience working alongside developers and researchers and rapidly prototyping.
We recognize that everyone brings skills and experiences to the table and that not everyone “checks all the boxes”. Apply anyway! Tell us why you’re the right fit for the job.
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it.
We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. We will only be able to deliver better, more accessible, and more inclusive public services if we harness diverse thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, Veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments.
Email us at CDSRecruitment.RecrutementSNC@tbs-sct.gc.ca with “Interaction Designer” in the subject line. Include a link to a CV, examples of your work, and/or whatever you think we should see to get to know you.