- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
We’re transforming government. Our products will impact people’s everyday lives. It’s an exciting thing to be part of. We need you.
The Canadian Digital Service is focused on delivering better public services using the best technology and design, all informed by people’s needs. We’re hiring people at all levels of experience in Ottawa, Toronto, Waterloo, and Montreal.
We’re looking for dedicated Senior Developers to join our team.
- You’re comfortable building APIs in a RESTful style or with GraphQL.
- You apply the right tools to solve problems. You’re used to working on an agile team, in sprints, constantly iterating, and are excited about Test-Driven Development.
- You engage well with others, internally and externally. You inspire collaboration and creativity and can communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences alike.
- You advocate for the people you serve. You build with people, rather than for them, integrating data and user experiences. You are passionate about making Canada a better place and strive to deliver user-centred products.
You will be able to:
- Contribute to designing, building, and operating critical systems at scale.
- Work in a learning environment through multi-disciplinary teams with designers, researchers, and policy professionals.
- Promote a high-performing, inclusive, team-first development culture.
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders.
- Contribute to open source projects and share your work on GitHub or other public code repositories.
- Promote innovation and guide technological change at CDS and with our government partners.
- Expand a culture of inclusive delivery and uphold principles of openness, integrity and fairness.
We recognize that everyone brings skills and experiences to the table and that not everyone “checks all the boxes”. Apply anyway! Tell us why you’re the right fit for the job.
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it.
We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. We will only be able to deliver better, more accessible, and more inclusive public services if we harness diverse thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, Veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments.
Email us at CDSRecruitment.RecrutementSNC@tbs-sct.gc.ca with “Senior Developer” in the subject line. Include a link to a CV, examples of your work, and/or whatever you think we should see to get to know you.