Senior QA Analyst
Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We are a team of experts who have worked with and for retailer over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company who's mission is to enable on of the world's largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information while also being able to transact, communicate and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
As Tulip is growing at rocket speed, we need to expand our professional QA and testing organization to support release activities while maintaining our high quality standards. The QA team within Tulip is not only focused on finding defects but works closely with both the development and customer facing teams to prevent defects. They work with the latest technology stack and are encouraged to use tools that will increase their efficiency. Every tester is equipped with a Mac laptop and iPad to test Tulip's world class iOS product offerings. Tulip is looking for a Senior QA Analyst to lead and conduct manual testing for one of our key retail clients in terms of functionality, reliability, stability and compatibility with external systems.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for testing with an attitude to break the application and think out of the box. You have excellent problem-solving skills and keen attention to detail. You are not only eager to learn new tools but are not afraid to ask questions or challenge status quo. You are eager to build your knowledge and grow your career in the fast paced retail industry.
When you join Tulip. you'll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building community, and we stay humble and hungry.
What you'll do:
- Lead and be hands-on with test planning, test design and test execution activities on the project
- Chair and drive defect calls and demos with internal and external stakeholders
- Publish test status reports as required
- Maintain, update and execute the regression suite
- Design exhaustive functional, end-to-end and integration test scripts from User Stories and other technical specifications
- Test the underlying API web services using test harness or test stubs
- Apply risk analysis methodologies that align with project development approach
- Log and track defects in Jira and/or VSTS
- Prioritize testing tasks, ensure milestones, activities, tasks are completed as scheduled
- Coordinate code deployments, upgrades and testing across numerous environments on various technology platforms
- Follow established testing processes, in doing so, identify, assess, address, resolve and/or escalate, develop contingency plans as needed
- Communicate, address scope changes that may impact testing (timeline, costs risks)
- Coordinate, work closely and be hands-on (optional) with the in-house automation team to automate test cases.
What you'll need:
- 4+ years of relevant experience testing web based and mobile applications
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Experience working with professional services and client facing teams
- Proficient in writing . test cases from user stories, use cases, requirements and other technical documents
- Proficient in performing functional and integration (Manual) testing with multi-tiered application environments
- Proficient in developing test plans and strategies and can lead test execution activities for projects of moderate to high complexity
- Knowledge of API and Web services testing tools and strategy
- Experience working with either of the test management tools such as Jira, VSTS, TFS and HP Quality center
- Experience creating regression suite based upon the project scope and deliverables
- Able to write basic select queries for backend testing using SQL, MySQL, Oracle or any other backend language
Bonus points for:
- Experience testing in retail industry
- Experience with performance testing tools
- Working experience with Postman or any other web services testing tool
- Exposure to automation with Selenium
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Flexible hours for our early risers and night owls
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sick days
- 15 days of vacation
- Corporate gym rate
- Weekly team lunches with halal and vegetarian options
- Healthy (and less healthy) snacks and gourmet expresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office on the waterfront and close to Union Station
- Creative space in our new downtown Kitchener office
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.