Business Development Manager
Connectivity is critical to the success of today’s organizations. It’s our vision to deliver reliable connectivity anywhere.
We like challenges. Solving them is what drives us. It’s what defines us. We listen to our customers. We learn from them. We collaborate with them. We cultivate ideas, test them, and improve upon them. That’s how we innovate. Our culture of collaboration and commitment to customer satisfaction is what sets us apart—and we know how to have fun too. We are privately held, and ‘Great Place to Work’ certified. Want to learn more? Reach out to our People and Culture team at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager who is looking for an exciting opportunity to join our Business Development team. You will be joining a dynamic and fast paced environment and work with ambitious, technical and inspiring teams to take Dejero’s solution to new heights. You are the ultimate opportunity finder, savvy deal maker, and you can always negotiate that third scoop of ice cream for free.
This position is based out of our Waterloo office reporting to the Founder. This role requires 60 – 70% global travel, and you must have a valid passport with the ability to travel globally.
- Conduct and maintain up to date research on new markets, customer needs and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Identifying and pitching new opportunities for Dejero.
- Establishing and managing exceptional relationships with new and existing customers, in a local and global context.
- Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively to all levels of the organization, as well as all external customers.
- Handle oneself in a manner that is respectful of varying global cultures.
- Represent Dejero at trade shows to scout new opportunity and partnerships.
- Ensure partners (internal and external) are on board and understand the need for change and what is required of them.
- 5+ years experience in business development or relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent experience.
- Superior planning, rapport building and communication skills.
- Ability to model and create and present business cases.
- Capability to grasp technical concepts and comprehension of technology specific to Dejero.
- Ability to communicate technical and non-technical information to staff and customers in a clear and concise manner.
- Skilled in prioritizing and triaging obligations.
- Strong understanding of target markets, industry, critical projects and clients.
- Ability and willingness to travel >60% globally as needed.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Dejero is committed to providing a barrier free application and interview process for all candidates. Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the hiring process, please contact the People and Culture team by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 519.772.4824.