Finance Operations Analyst (Contract, 12 months)
Connectivity is critical to the success of today’s organizations. It’s our vision to deliver reliable connectivity anywhere.
We like challenges. Solving them is what drives us. It’s what defines us. We listen to our customers. We learn from them. We collaborate with them. We cultivate ideas, test them, and improve upon them. That’s how we innovate. Our culture of collaboration and commitment to customer satisfaction is what sets us apart—and we know how to have fun too. We are privately held, and ‘Great Place to Work’ certified. Want to learn more? Reach out to our People and Culture team at email@example.com!
We are currently seeking a Finance Operations Analyst to join our team, on a contract basis for twelve months. This position is based out of our Waterloo head office, is part of the overall Finance Department, while reporting to the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager.
Financial Planning & Analysis:
- Assist in the preparation of key monthly operational reports
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
- Work with key stakeholders across the organization in preparing and maintaining the monthly corporate performance review reporting package
- Assist with the implementation of new Finance projects and initiatives
- Month End Close
- Bank Reconciliations
Provide support to the CFO for the following:
- Maintain updated information on Employee Stock Options in Solium Shareworks
- Manage communication and provide support to CFO in matters related to Insurance, Legal, Corporate Process Review, and other administrative matters are requested.
- Ensure all corporate documents are stored and maintained in an organized manner.
- Assist in preparation for AGM, Board of Director, and Monthly Finance Team Meetings
- Oversee and maintain regular filings for US sales tax in Avalara in conjunction with our ERP, NetSuite.
- Prepare documentation for US State Income tax filings with our tax preparers and ensure timely submission of returns.
- Provide support for & address tax notices, quarterly VAT filings, transfer pricing assignments, transaction tax audits, and other special tax projects as needed.
- Efficiently research tax technical issues involving multiple state and local tax jurisdictions to provide supported and sound conclusions to tax issues.
- 4+ years of experience in corporate tax
- Strong Excel skills, ability to manage complex workbooks
- Has exceptional attention to detail and takes ownership for their work
- Strong work ethic, ability to work in a fast-paced, late-stage start-up environment
- Previous experience with NetSuite & Avalara Tax
- Strong organizational skills, ability to consistently meet month-end deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional colleagues
- Post secondary education with accounting/tax focus
- An accounting designation is preferred, CPA, CMA, CGA, CA
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Dejero is committed to providing a barrier free application and interview process for all candidates. Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the hiring process, please contact the People and Culture team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 519.772.4824.