Marketing Content Developer
Who is Geotab:
Imagine millions of vehicles driving across the globe 24/7. Next, imagine that you collected rich location, engine and vehicle behaviour data on each vehicle through a plug and play device. Our customers have the power to take this data and provide valuable insight toward their businesses because of the Geotab platform. Geotab is one of the leading telematics technology companies in the world and is focused on continuing our rapid expansion worldwide. For more information visit us at www.geotab.com.
FleetCarma has developed the world’s only electric vehicle monitoring and control platform which uses vehicle data and metrics to drive intelligent decisions for fleets and individuals. On any given day FleetCarma’s development garage will be filled with the latest electric vehicles: Model S’s, Volt’s, Leafs and the more than 30 other plug-in vehicles that are supported by our products.
In June 2018, FleetCarma joined forces with Geotab, a global leader in fleet telematics. Together, we'll be working to bring our innovative electric vehicle platform to their hundreds of thousands of vehicles being tracked across the world.
Who are we looking for:
Geotab is looking to hire an outstanding Marketing Content Developer who will contribute to content strategy and drive the delivery of best-in-industry thought leadership and sales enablement content for online, reports and print. This individual will have an interest in Electric Vehicles as well as the Electric Utility Industry. They will have a strong understanding of inbound marketing as well as account based marketing best-practices. This individual should have a successful track record of delivering compelling content which is enjoyable to read, highly accurate and enables a sales teams success.
What are the details of this position:
We are looking for a prolific and talented content creator to write and produce various types of downloadable content, blogs, reports, email marketing to help drive our companies awareness and opportunities in the electric utility industry. This role requires a mastery of writing and editing, technical, B2B and B2C communications, enjoys analyzing data, project management skills and reporting on key indicators. Our ideal candidate is a writer and communicator, with a strong marketing background. You should be able to develop engaging content to attract and retain customers. To be successful in this role, it’s also essential to be up-to-date with new technologies and marketing trends.
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
- Own our content production and contribute to the marketing strategy. You’ll play a lead role in content ideation, production and promotion
- Define and maintain the voice of our utility segment products across owned channels including the website, email, social, paid, print and event
- Serve as ‘editor-in-chief’ for all public facing content to ensure technical accuracy, consistent tone, strategic alignment, compelling and interesting
- Create a diverse library of content including reports, white papers, online articles, ebooks, infographics, and videos to engage with our targeted accounts
- Track, analyze, and report on content marketing efforts and make adjustments where needed
- Plan and create content for our target personas across the entire sales process to enable sales
- Find opportunities to collaborate with influencers, industry experts and professional groups to expand our reach
- Promote thought leadership pieces by owning all PR / outreach efforts
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing degree or related
- 4+ years experience in a content marketing role
- Previous experience in the electric utility / energy industry or comparable industry
- Excellent communicator, networker, and writer
- Ability to tell interesting stories that are compelling and effective at engaging our prospective partners and customers
- Passion for creative writing as applied to a business context
- Exceptional project management skills
- Data-driven mindset with an ability to geek-out on data analysis
- Empathetic with the ability to understand and communicate to emotional drivers
- Proficiency with Wordpress CMS, Adobe Indesign, Powerpoint, Google Drive