Digital Marketing Specialist
At Alchemy, our mission is to build a nanotechnology company for the 21st century. As a team, we’re pretty obsessive about this mission and relentless about accomplishing it.
Today, we are constructing state-of-the-art nanocoatings technologies to solve highly challenging problems in the transportation industry. Our technologies are helping advanced sensor systems for autonomous vehicles and smart cities maintain operations in harsh weather conditions, offer advanced functionalities to the defense sector, and enabling our aftermarket product line: ExoShield.
ExoShield is a thin, transparent film that is applied on a vehicle’s windshield (just like window tint) to prevent stone chips. It is a must have for today’s ADAS-equipped vehicle owners who want to protect themselves against expensive windshield replacements and for insurance companies looking to protect themselves against rising glass claim costs.
We are backed by Canada’s leading angels and venture capitalists, and are also supported by Canada’s leading institutions such as the University of Waterloo, Waterloo Institute of Nanotechnology, Velocity, and the Creative Destruction Lab.
Our #1 priority is to grow our ExoShield Dealer Network to 50+ countries by the end of 2019, and you will be playing one of the most impactful and crucial roles in helping your team achieve this goal.
ADAS technologies powering the safety features in vehicles today are skyrocketing windshield replacement costs, and as a result, the need for windshield protection technologies is higher than ever. We believe this trend is extremely similar to the onset of the smart phone industry, which made cell phones extremely expensive and as a result, created a multi-billion-dollar market for cell phone screen protectors and cases.
As a Digital Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for educating the market about the implications of ADAS technologies, generating end-user and reseller leads around the world, and building lead-flow experiences to guide end-user leads through the purchasing process and reseller leads into our sales process.
You will own all digital marketing initiatives and assets of the company. Your high-level responsibilities will include:
- Managing all lead generation initiatives and iteratively optimizing for KPIs
- Managing company social media assets and generating impactful content to drive organic KPI performance
- Content management of web assets and optimizing for SEO, SEM, user experience, etc.
- Developing and optimizing digital ads for social media, search, and other third-party sites
- Taking a data-oriented and highly analytical approach to every key marketing initiative
- Designing and developing collateral for our sales and partnerships teams
- Staying up-to-date with the latest sales & marketing tools and leading the implementation of relevant systems
In this role, you will directly report to the CEO.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Alchemy is a startup – this will mean longer hours at times and the stresses of quickly changing priorities, but it also means you will have the opportunity to step into a role with practically endless room for growth. You will have the ability to make and participate in large decisions and the chance to voice new ideas and actually be heard.
There is no hand holding, but there is an unspoken understanding that we are all expected to teach and support each other. We will often just tell you the problem or project we’d like tackled and trust that you can find the best way to solve it.
We are looking for someone who deeply understands the importance of a well-planned and analytical approach in the digital marketing landscape, but can figure out how to independently balance the rigidity of those aspects with the creative trances of designing successful marketing & advertisement campaigns.
It won't bother us if you're new to marketing and need to sharpen up on a few skill sets. As long as you have an impeccable analytical and organizational attitude, endless creativity, and are relentlessly persistent about growing yourself, we’re willing to look over just about anything. The following experiences and skills will help you ramp-up quickly and kick ass in this role:
- Organizing marketing initiatives from the onset for high data integrity and analytical power (A/B and multivariate testing), and leveraging the results to power data-driven decision making (data and statistical analysis)
- Optimizing web, search, and social media assets to meet organic and paid KPI targets
- Developing and optimizing digital ads and associated targeting parameters to improve KPIs (Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, Instagram, etc.)
- Developing and optimizing email and text marketing campaigns to drive revenue growth
- Proficiency with:
- Design tools (Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.)
- Video editing tools (iMovie, Premier, etc.)
- CMS and website builders (WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, Weebly, etc.)
- Task automation tools (Zapier, Robotask, etc.)
- Data analysis and visualization tools (Excel, Google Sheets, AirTable, R, Matlab, etc.)
- CRM and marketing communication tools (HubSpot, HootSuite, MailChimp, ZipWhip, Twilio, etc.)
- Blog management tools or platforms (Medium, WordPress, Weebly, etc.)
- eCommerce tools (Shopify, Square, Stripe, etc.)
- Print and/or digital document development tools (Word, Powerpoint, Keynote, etc.)
- Building and managing live or low-maintenance dashboards to monitor KPIs
- Performing market research to help develop sales and marketing strategies to drive relevant metrics
- Proven ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Photography and videography, including photo and video editing
- High degree of comfort getting into the weeds with light coding and/or scripting (HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, etc.)
- Storyboarding for recruiting, advertising, and educational videos