Executive Assistant-Managing Director
CWD is currently looking for an Executive Assistant - Managing Director to join our fast paced and dynamic team. You love organization, planning and keeping track of a busy schedule. You can perform administrative tasks with ease, but you really love the challenge of the completely unexpected. You are structured, but not too rigid and can be flexible without hand holding.
As a full-time member of the team you will enjoy perks such as a great work-life balance, competitive health benefits, enhanced professional development subsidies, exciting company events, working within a goal driven, charismatic team and career growth opportunities.
Key Result Areas:
- Perform general administration duties; filing, photocopying, faxing, preparing documents, and data entry
- Conduct online research and prepare reports to aid with decision making
- Assist other departments with day to day projects and tasks as needed
- Complete personal tasks as required for Managing Director
Project Coordination (40%)
- Plan, organize, and coordinate projects and special events
- Assisting in the preparation and idea generation for projects
- Oversee entire projects from start to finish and ensure the end result is in line with the needs of the business and key stakeholders
- Maintain a realistic schedule of these projects and ensure status updates are communicated to stakeholders regularly
- Review incoming projects and task and delegate them to the appropriate team member to complete
- Conduct background checks on new vendors
- Negotiate with vendors on price, terms and conditions
- Oversee travel arrangements including arranging flights, hotels, cars, etc. in addition to preparing itineraries, trip files, directions, and supplies
- Create and maintain communication between vendors
- Effectively completing other duties as assigned
The successful candidate requires:
Education and Experience
- College diploma or University degree in Business/ Office Administration or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience providing support to senior leaders
- Previous experience with business development and project coordination
- Previous experience managing vendor relationships
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
- Ability to perform administrative and clerical duties with typing speed of 45 – 70 WPM with a high level of accuracy
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the Internet
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask and excellent organizational skills
- Professional, flexible and a team player who takes ownership over their work
- Strives for maximum efficiency
If the above interests you, then apply to join a fast paced, creative, and energetic team!
Candidates who reside within a 45-minute commute of our office will be given preference.
Please note: This is a 40 hour a week position based at our headquarters in Niagara Falls, ON. This position does not provide an option to work remotely.