Content and Social Media Strategist
We are searching for a Content and Social Media Strategist to join our growing Marketing Team for the Levana (Baby) brand and Defender (Security) brand. You will be in a unique position with the creative freedom to collaborate, build and execute the social strategy for these brands from the ground up. This role requires an enthusiastic individual with a quick wit for copy that is ready to join a passionate and tight-knit team.
Content Strategy Development (10%)
- Strategy: Develop strategies for the Defender and Levana blog and social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter) that encourage engagement, increase brand awareness, and drive traffic to the websites
- Goal Development: Align social media objectives with overall brand and business goals
- Influencer Content: Work closely with the Brand Marketing Coordinator to integrate the influencer strategy and content with the brand’s social media plan
- Industry Research: Conduct research on emerging trends and brainstorm how we can utilize these in our strategy
- Competitor Research: Gather and share competitive insights related to content strategy. Make recommendations for the brands based on these findings
Social Media Content Creation and Management (50%)
- Content Creation: Develop on-brand, relevant and engaging content for the Levana and Defender social media channels (static images, GIFs, infographics, short videos, etc.)
- Assets: Conceptualize and collaborate with the Design team on creative assets
- Scheduling: Create and maintain the content calendar. Schedule and post all content within the Content Management platform
- Social Listening: Monitor the brand(s) and our competitors using social listening tools
Blog Content Creation and Management (15%)
- Market Research: Research and identify topics, and write engaging content for the blogs
- Collaboration: Secure relevant and highly motivated guest bloggers
- Optimization: Ensure all posts are optimized for search engine optimization (SEO) and drive traffic back to the websites
Community Building and Engagement (10%)
- Community Growth: Responsible for consistently growing our online community by leveraging our content to maintain a high engagement rate and drive positive word-of-mouth
- Discussion: Actively engage our followers in discussions
- Maintenance: Respond to questions and comments across all social media platforms
- Keyword Analysis: Conduct SEO keyword research and modify website page titles, meta descriptions and page content to increase organic search rankings
- Copywriting: Assist with product copy creation when needed
- Reporting: Report, analyze and make optimizations for all content marketing efforts
- Admin: Input purchase orders and expense reports as needed
*Please submit samples of written pieces and past managed social media channels/content.
The successful candidate requires:
Education and Experience
- Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in social media strategy and content creation
- Proven experience driving ROI from social media campaigns
- Thorough experience with Hootsuite (or comparative platform)
- Experience using WordPress
- Proficient in Google Analytics
- Understanding of SEO principles and experience implementing strategies
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Google Analytics certification
- Understanding of and experience with social media advertising
If the above interests you, then apply to join a fast paced, creative, and energetic team!
Candidates who reside within a 45 minute commute of our office will be given preference.
Please note: This is a 40 hour a week position based at our headquarters in Niagara Falls, ON. This position does not provide an option to work remotely.