Outreach Operations Manager - TD Lab
Have you ever wondered how one of North America’s most successful companies approaches innovation? If so, you should consider joining our fast-paced and passionate team at TD’s innovation Lab. As an innovation outpost for TD Bank, TD Lab is shaping the future of digital banking and doing it with a vibrant ecosystem of partners in the Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor. Make your mark with program outreach by being an important part of a team that engages with the tech community and operates like a well-funded start-up - all from within our Lab located in the open and collaborative workspace in the Waterloo Region’s Communitech Hub.
As our Operations Manager, you will work closely with the Lab management team to build and maintain important industry relationships, and help curate, communicate and deliver on key aspects of the programs that are sponsored or championed by TD Lab. You have a real passion for creating fun and rewarding experiences and processes that get the job done. You are a seasoned communicator who has a solid background in social media and writing. And you are experienced in managing multiple priorities, maintaining key stakeholder relationships and ‘crisscrossing’ throughout the day. This is an opportunity to act like an entrepreneur - bringing impactful ideas and initiatives to life while taking on challenging tasks that stretch the boundaries of how TD and the Lab engages with those around us.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in a communications department or PR agency.
- 2+ years of experience in an Operations or a Campus Recruitment role.
- Confident, friendly ‘people person’ who can establish and maintain solid relationships.
- Creative problem solver, fast learner, who excels at planning and is an efficient multitasker.
- Experience with creating and executing social media campaigns.
- Knowledge of/experience with STEM and or Women in Tech organizations
- Tech savvy - experienced in Google Sheets, Docs, Forms, and Slides.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Your keen attention to detail ensures exceptional delivery on experiences and outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - ability to provide a variety of published writing samples
- An über organizer who is able to plan daily execution tasks with strong time management skills to be able to identify what needs to be decided and when.
- Help maintain, refine and develop the Lab’s operational process.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and have a real interest in innovation.
- Willingness to ‘jump in’ and help when needed.
The responsibilities include:
- Ability to work independently to achieve results through ‘start-to-finish’ accountability.
- Manage the ‘whole’ experience of onboarding/offboarding student interns, as well as HR relationship
- Plan and coordinate program events with orgs like universities, Communitech and teams within the bank.
- Plan and coordinate team events for student interns and full-time staff.
- Manage TD Lab social media networks.
- Contribute to communication activities, including writing/editing blogs, story idea creation, onsite support
- Support on executing partner engagement strategy, including managing partner relationships, executing contract deliverables, attending youth/women in technology events as Lab representative.
- Help continuously to evolve and improve the TD Lab operational process.
- Occasional travel required, mainly to Toronto and post-secondary campuses.
- Previous experience in hackathons, design thinking workshops, tech-related organizations/events, an asset.
- Weekly catered lunch and treats (i.e., seasonal and sensational).
- Monthly team events (e.g., bowling, food festivals, escape rooms).
- Latest MacBook (and whatever else you need to help you do an amazing job).
- Opportunity to work with the broader TD Bank.
- Being located in Communitech means access to industry events and activities.
If you are a self-starter, want to be an influencer of change, and are looking for a challenge - this job is for you!
Learn more about TD Lab by connecting with us on Social Media:
More search results
Intermediate/Senior Software Engineer – Imaging S…
Huron Technologies International Inc.
Marketing and Lead Generation Manager
Project Manager | eSolutionsGroup (a GHD company)
Front End Angular Security Builder Extraordinaire