Job Title: HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (CO-OP TERM) – 4 month term
At the forefront of Viewer Intelligence, SSIMWAVE is built on our Emmy®Award-winning algorithm. SSIMWAVE is defining the future of video delivery with the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. With SSIMWAVE technology, video distributors, networks and studios can keep up with the explosive growth of video and deliver the ultimate viewing experience to consumers on any screen, anywhere.
Our customers include major players in the media, entertainment, and Multichannel Video Programming Distribution industries and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control, and optimize live and file-based video.
We’re a growing team of engineers, video scientists, product and business experts. Our diverse team is driven to advance the business of video. Join our profitable scale-up with opportunities for career growth in both depth and breadth of experience.
You are passionate about making the complex simple – for your customers and team. You thrive in a highly intellectual agile, scaling environment that challenges you to deliver the best. You care intensely about delivering results to our customers and you are driven to achieve targets and identify new opportunities to satisfy their current and future needs. Your can-do attitude and team player approach reflects our culture and desire to be amazing!
About the Job:
As a key member of the HR Team you will assist in all aspects of Human Resources including recruitment, onboarding, training, benefits, health and safety, policy creation and general administration.
Here’s what you can expect to take care of:
- Responsible for creating, posting and maintaining job postings on all utilized job sites
- Support recruitment efforts for all open positions by scheduling interviews with the candidates, sending email confirmations, setting up interview rooms, escorting candidates for interviews, conducting reference checks and preparing new hire paperwork.
- Assist with Health and Safety meetings and initiatives to meet legislative requirements
- Respond to routine inquiries by employees with regard to all HR policies/procedures
- Plan, execute and attend job fairs and liaise with local career centers to support hiring requirements
- Organize and maintain personnel records
- Assist with the planning and roll out of training programs for both Health and Safety and Corporate initiatives
- Assist with policy creation to ensure compliance with legislative requirements
- Co-organize in-house staff events
- Support the HR team with administrative duties as necessary
- Be willing to accept really cool projects as they are presented to us!
Here’s what you are excited to bring to the company:
- Currently pursuing a business degree (Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Business Administration) with a focus on Human Resources
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Loves to organize and get others organized, possesses attention to detail, and takes pride in effectively multi-tasking
- Proficient in MS Office
- Goal-oriented with a positive attitude and likes to add a bit of fun into each day
- Self motivated with the ability to work alone but thrives in a collaborative team environment
- Willingness to attend and participate in all team meetings (as required) and will take the lead in following up.
If you are interested in the opportunity, please send your resume to careers@SSIMWAVE.com.
Interviews will be conducted at the SSIMWAVE offices located at 375 Hagey Blvd, Suite 310.