Full Stack Developer
The Right Candidate:
In short, we’re looking for impact-minded software engineers and architects – those who are passionate about making the world a better place through artificial intelligence. At EMAGIN, you’ll be responsible for product development behind billions of dollars in critical water infrastructure for Fortune 500 companies. We’re looking for ambitious, energetic, and talented individuals to join our purpose-driven community to help us scale up our data warehouse and analytics platform as we as we embark on a phase of steep business growth.You’ll have the opportunity to build mission critical systems and services for high profile clients globally using cutting-edge cloud technologies in an agile environment. We’re looking for individuals with a broad set of technical skills in areas of data visualization, front-end frameworks and data handling (APIs).
What You’ll Do:
As a Full Stack Developer, you will specifically play a major role in designing, developing, deploying and supporting EMAGIN’s Hybrid Adaptive Real-time Intelligence (HARVI) application. You will have an opportunity to work on and develop your skills in information representation, algorithms and complex computations, UI design and, of course, developing web technologies.
- Build complex applications using technologies such as React, Redux, and GraphQL
- Develop reusable React components and implementing them in well-known React/Redux workflows
- Support API design discussions, understand backend architecture to implement the front end
- Understand and work with large datasets (including time series data)
- Research, design, document, implement and test computer software systems, in conjunction with product development requirements, applying principles and techniques of software engineering
What You'll Need:
- 3+ Years of Software Development Experience
- Experience with writing and maintaining unit and integration tests as part of an automated continuous integration pipeline (we use Gitlab CI/CD)
- Proficient building, testing, and deploying production quality applications with React/Redux
- Must understand the full-stack application lifecycle, with emphasis/expertise on the front-end
- Team Player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Authorized to work in Canada (onsite in our Kitchener office)
Nice to Have:
- Practical experience developing web-based multi-tenant applications
- Experience visualizing data in different manners (charts, scorecards, tables, etc.)
- Exposure to developing mobile apps is an asset
- Cloud Experience (we use AWS)
- Experience in working with SQL and NoSQL data stores
Why we think you will love working with us:
Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world. Have a big impact at an early-stage, VC-backed software startup. Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating socially-mindful technology.
Other perks include:
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Competitive Salary
- Access to our amazing amenities such as a games room, ping pong table, and basketball court
- Centrally located in Downtown Kitchener in Ontario's Start-up city alongside Google, D2L, and Shopify.
- The ability to work remotely periodically
- Flexible working hours (core hours are 10 to 3)
More search results
Intermediate/Senior Software Engineer – Imaging S…
Huron Technologies International Inc.
Marketing and Lead Generation Manager
Project Manager | eSolutionsGroup (a GHD company)
Front End Angular Security Builder Extraordinaire