Web Application Developer
- FLIR Systems
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Web Application Developer
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
In this role, we are looking for a Web Application Developer who likes a challenge and someone who will challenge us. We want you to strengthen the team by helping create applications that enable other people do their jobs faster, safer and more effectively. As part of the Applications team, the Web Application Developer will be responsible for continuing the market leading development of the product, features and continued expansion of services offered for our customers; including military, law enforcement and emergency services groups worldwide.
As the Web Application Developer you will:
- Work in many areas of the stack
- Have the ability to initiate your own ideas
- Work with top-level designers in autonomous aerial robotics
- Develop new skills and advance current ones through mentorship
- Be involved in product and feature decisions that have real world impact for critical uses for our customers
What You Bring
- Bachelor of Computer Science or related degree
- 3-5 years of experience in a product driven environment with measurable success
- Background of working in Cloud/SaaS based environments for large scale enterprise grade products
- Proven developments skills in a variety of technologies including:
- Experience with Bootstrap and/or Flexbox
- Relational database technologies such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with Java programming.
- Experience developing and using RESTful APIs
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Mockito and JUnit5
- Writing maintainable, well designed high-quality code for software products
- Experience working in an Agile development model
- Experience and/or education with video and image processing
- Experience and/or education on programming 3D Graphics APIs especially WebGL
- Experience with Apache AVRO a plus
- Experience with Webpack, Nginx is an asset
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
FLIR is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. If you require accommodation in completing the application process, or with any portion of the application process or interview please call (519) 489-6726
More search results
Intermediate/Senior Software Engineer – Imaging S…
Huron Technologies International Inc.
Marketing and Lead Generation Manager
Project Manager | eSolutionsGroup (a GHD company)
Front End Angular Security Builder Extraordinaire