Job Title: Test Automation Developer
At the forefront of Viewer Intelligence, SSIMWAVE is built on our Emmy® Award-winning algorithm. SSIMWAVE is defining the future of video delivery with the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. With SSIMWAVE technology, video distributors, networks and studios can keep up with the explosive growth of video and deliver the ultimate viewing experience to consumers on any screen, anywhere.
Our customers include major players in the media, entertainment, and Multichannel Video Programming Distribution industries and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control, and optimize live and file-based video.
We’re a growing team of engineers, video scientists, product and business experts. Our diverse team is driven to advance the business of video. Join our profitable scale-up with opportunities for career growth in both depth and breadth of experience.
You are passionate about making the complex simple – for your customers and your colleagues. You thrive in a highly intellectual agile environment that challenges you to deliver the best. You care intensely about delivering results and do what needs to be done to make your team successful. You crave seeing your work matter to your team and your customers.
About the Position
As a Test Automation Developer, you will influence the overall direction of our test automation strategy. You will design and develop automation infrastructure, and will work with the team to develop and review reliable and maintainable automated tests.
- Produce high-quality, maintainable and testable code to enable scalable growth and customer success.
- Contribute to definition of necessary processes relevant to test automation, including guidelines and best practices.
- Work and consult with groups across the engineering organization to re-enforce automated testing as a key aspect of our development process and workflow.
- Work in a fast-paced scale-up environment closely with the executives and customers
- 1+ year of hands on test automation experience
- Exceptional Python programming skills.
- Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- A successful track record of developing effective test automation frameworks and infrastructure.
- Experience working with virtualization, container, and orchestration technologies such as VMware, Virtual Box, KVM, Docker, LXD, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience with various test automation tools and frameworks such as Robot, pytest, unittest, etc.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and come up with solutions to meet project needs.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience working with data-streaming technologies (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis).
- Experience working with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, CircleCI etc.
- Experience with both traditional relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres) and modern analytic databases (e.g. MemSQL, Prometheus, Influx, Elastic).
- Knowledge of Agile/Lean practices such as Scrum, Kanban, User Stories, Story Mapping, Story Point Estimation, TDD, ATDD, CD etc.
- A working knowledge of automation and orchestration tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- You have worked on/with Agile teams with integrated test roles (as opposed to an independent QA team).
- Experience working in/with the Bazel build framework.
- A solid understanding of web/REST APIs.
- Open community participation such as StackExchange, GitHub.
We thank all applicants but only candidates chosen to be interviewed will be contacted.