This is an opportunity in the exciting and fast-growing transportation technology industry. As Business Development Principal, you’ll be responsible for hunting, developing and closing new customer opportunities with public transit agencies and private fleet operators. You will develop an understanding of urban mobility challenges faced by transit operators. You will articulate to potential customers how RideCo’s on-demand platform can solve problems such as first- & last-mile access and employee commuting. You will become proficient in demonstrating RideCo’s platform, capabilities, and collaborate with operations and product team members to address clients’ questions/requirements. You will prepare detailed proposals in response to RFPs issued by municipalities and public transit agencies. As the main point of contact, you’ll have a vital role in shaping customers’ impression of RideCo and laying the foundation for future partnership. Your success will be measured by the new revenues and partnerships that you close. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Prospect and qualify: Research and contact high-quality prospects through various channels including email, phone, LinkedIn, and industry events. Review online portals for municipal smart-mobility RFPs.
- Educate: Understand potential clients’ pain points and articulate our value proposition by providing presentations, product demonstrations, case studies, and relevant content. Help potential municipal and public transit clients in shaping RFP requirements before publication.
- Build Partnerships: Secure local fleet partners that can participate with RideCo on bids for turnkey solution RFPs with municipalities. Develop relations with channel partners that have existing relationships in the employee commuting solutions space.
- Collaborate: Engage with co-workers in the product and operations teams to address clients’ questions and build proposals tailored to client requirements. Collect insights or concerns from the market and feedback to marketing and product teams, to help continuously improve the product, content, and sales playbook. Document your activities on the CRM system.
- Write Proposals: Build proposals tailored to client or RFP requirements, adapting our existing proposal templates and leveraging help from team members to build customer-specific financial and operating models.
- Win Deals: Co-ordinate all aspects of closing including contract review (with legal & finance), preparing rollout plans (with operations), negotiating terms, and securing signatures.
Who we are:
RideCo builds the best on-demand transit systems in the world. Fleet operators and public transit agencies in North America and Asia use RideCo’s cloud-based software platform to provide on-demand shared rides in dynamically routed buses, vans, and cars.
Have you experienced getting frustrated with public buses and switched to driving a car? What about being stuck in traffic while commuting to work solo-driving your car? Have you seen buses drive around in residential areas with very few passengers on-board and wondered how inefficient that seems to be? You’re likely aware of the first & last mile access challenges faced by transit hubs. We are solving these problems by re-imagining shared mobility. Imagine a world where vehicles have dynamic routes responsive to real-time trip demand. This ‘dynamic shuttle’ (or van /sedan) would pick you up, on-demand, at or near your doorstep and take you to your destination or transit hub. Along the way, it may pick-up other passengers going in your direction. Your experience will be seamless: less waiting, less walking, fewer transfers, shorter travel time, and timely pickups and drop-offs. RideCo’s ‘dynamic shuttle’ platform enables this seamless experience and low-cost shared rides for vehicle fleet operators and their passengers. By seamlessly moving more people in fewer vehicles we are catalyzing a generational shift in how people get around cities and towns. This means commuters spend less time in transit and more time doing what they enjoy.
Our clients include some of the world's largest fleet operators such as Grab and Los Angeles Metro. RideCo powers a diverse range of use cases today including residential/suburban travel, first-mile-last-mile for train stations, long-distance commuters, university campus, military base, corporate employee transport, and international airport. We are investing to scale up and capture the growing demand for on-demand shared rides solutions.
- Proven track record in business development/sales in one or more of: enterprise software, SaaS, transportation services, management consulting
- Proposal writing experience preferably for large enterprise contracts or public-sector RFPs or management consulting
- Willing to travel approximately 35% as needed.
- Management consulting or startup company experience is an asset
- Education: Degree in business / marketing / economics or related discipline.
- Location: Based in Waterloo, Ontario or willing to relocate
Competitive base salary + performance-based bonus or stock options
Email your resume (or link to your LinkedIn profile) and cover letter to:
Email Subject: “Business Development Principal”
In your cover letter or email, please write a few sentences outlining how you meet the requirements for this role. Include links to presentations or proposals or articles you have authored to showcase your written communication skills.