Customer Support Representative - for on-demand transit system
This is an opportunity in the exciting and fast-growing transportation technology industry. Public transit is being transformed from a system of static, scheduled fixed-routes, to a dynamic on-demand network, and you’ll be helping shape this transformation.
As Customer Support Representative, you’ll be responsible for providing first line of support to passengers and drivers, to ensure timely resolution of issues and maintain superior end-user satisfaction. You will escalate complex issues to the operations manager or product analyst, to collaboratively troubleshoot and identify opportunities to improve RideCo’s software platform and mobile apps. You will become an expert on RideCo’s technology platform and data driven approach to transportation operations management. As a key customer support resource for passengers, drivers and operations staff, you’ll have an important role in shaping the performance and success of our clients’ next-generation on-demand transportation services. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Provide customer support via Zendesk (our support ticketing platform) to passengers and drivers regarding ride inquiries, general information requests, app navigation, and payments
- Perform training sessions with driver/vehicle contractors, verify provided documentation, assist with account set up, and process background checks and driver abstract requests
- Track and manage smartphone assets, and maintain their working order
- Configure and monitor the RideCo platform for day-to-day service operation
- Schedule driver/vehicle contractors and monitor adherence
- Analyze and manage the performance of driver/vehicle contractors including adherence to schedules, trip acceptance rate, trip performance metrics and related key performance indicators
- Collaborate with the product team, collect information regarding service issues for investigation and quick resolution, and to continuously improve the software platform and mobile apps
- Prepare weekly summary reports to management outlining statistics around incoming tickets, nature of issues, resolution and response times, and suggestions for review by the product team
- Improve automation and tooling, continuously looking for ways to streamline and improve our current support processes.
Who we are
RideCo builds the best on-demand transit systems in the world. Fleet operators and public transit agencies in North America and Asia use RideCo’s cloud-based software platform to provide on-demand shared rides in dynamically routed buses, vans, and cars.
Have you experienced getting frustrated with public buses and switched to driving a car? What about being stuck in traffic while commuting to work solo-driving your car? Have you seen buses drive around in residential areas with very few passengers on-board and wondered how inefficient that seems to be? You’re likely aware of the first & last mile access challenges faced by transit hubs. We are solving these problems by re-imagining shared mobility. Imagine a world where vehicles have dynamic routes responsive to real-time trip demand. This ‘dynamic shuttle’ (or van /sedan) would pick you up, on-demand, at or near your doorstep and take you to your destination or transit hub. Along the way, it may pick-up other passengers going in your direction. Your experience will be seamless: less waiting, less walking, fewer transfers, shorter travel time, and timely pickups and drop-offs. RideCo’s ‘dynamic shuttle’ platform enables this seamless experience and low-cost shared rides for vehicle fleet operators and their passengers. By seamlessly moving more people in fewer vehicles we are catalyzing a generational shift in how people get around cities and towns. This means commuters spend less time in transit and more time doing what they enjoy.
Our clients include some of the world's largest fleet operators such as Grab and Los Angeles Metro. RideCo powers a diverse range of use cases today including residential/suburban travel, first-mile-last-mile for train stations, long-distance commuters, university campus, military base, corporate employee transport, and international airport. We are investing to scale up and capture the growing demand for on-demand shared rides solutions.
- Experience in customer service or technical support roles
- Computer savvy with intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel and Word; comfortable spending at least 50% of the working day at a computer reviewing, investigating and responding to customer support inquiries
- Strong oral and written communication skills, that enable you to effectively communicate with individuals of varying levels of written/spoken English, and handle conflict resolution while maintaining an empathetic and professional manner
- Avid smartphone and apps user, with ability to troubleshoot common smartphone /app issues
- Work effectively in a team or independent setting, collaborating with other team members for issue investigation/resolution
- Location: Based in Waterloo, Ontario
Base salary of $45K - $55K, commensurate with qualifications / experience
Benefits package that includes dental, prescription drugs & extended health coverage, and wellness/massage care
Other benefits: flexible work hours, casual attire, kitchen stocked with snacks and gourmet coffee
Email your resume (or link to your LinkedIn profile) and cover letter to:
Email Subject: “Customer Support Representative”