IGNIS is an emissive display technology company formed in 2000 by Dr. Arokia Nathan and his multi-disciplinary research group at the University of Waterloo. From its humble beginnings in Waterloo IGNIS has become a pioneer in the development of pixel circuits and compensation systems for Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode (AMOLED) displays. AMOLED displays are a growing market segment in devices such as mobile phones, televisions, Virtual Reality (VR), and Augmented Reality (AR). The IGNIS technology is at the forefront of AMOLED display development with solutions to address the challenges faced by the industry.
Our team of circuit designers develop all aspects of the display including the pixel circuit, display layout, display driver, and interconnect circuitry and design of the custom sensing IC. Complementing the circuit design team is a dedicated group of software developers focused on writing application software to support ongoing research and development of new algorithms and products.
Working with global leaders in the AMOLED display industry IGNIS has designed and jointly developed many prototype displays ranging from 2 inch to 65 inch UHD. Our collaboration with Industry leaders has resulted in the execution of a Patent License agreement with LG Display Co., Ltd. We are proud to be a leading intellectual property and technology development company operating in the emerging and fast-growing AMOLED display industry, part of the $100B worldwide flat panel display market.
IGNIS continues to provide technology that will DRIVE, MEASURE, and COMPENSATE emissive displays.
To learn more about IGNIS and our technology please visit our website at www.ignisinnovation.com.
Are you interested in being an integral part of this exciting leading-edge technology?
We are looking for a passionate software developer who can develop code that turns complex problems into simple solutions.
What will you do?
- develop, test and deploy code
- maintain an existing code database
- test and debug software and hardware related issues in our lab
- work with researchers to develop and refine algorithms
- keep your eye out for opportunities to improve our products
- as part of a small dynamic team, you will get to work on a broad scope of projects, platforms and development environments
What do you need to succeed?
- a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or the equivalent College Degree/Diploma
- 2-4 years of relevant software development experience (including co-op placements)
- experience in C++ and C# development
- strong communication skills
- experience in any of the following: .Net, OpenGL, Lua, MATLAB, and SVN.
- knowledge of embedded hardware
- software testing and verification experience
- basic electronics knowledge
- working knowledge of digital displays and/or video
Working in a casual, friendly and supportive environment you will be part of the team that improves the quality, longevity, and affordability of AMOLED displays.
- IGNIS is a small growing company which provides ample opportunities to expand your skill set
- flexible hours
- salary commensurate with experience
- eligibility for stock options, bonuses and/or salary increases as per company policy.
- benefits which include paid vacation and participation in the company health, dental and vision plan
If this sounds like you please apply with cover letter and resume (including any extra software or hardware projects you have done on your own time) to www.ignisinnovation.com.
*IGNIS is an equal opportunity employer and as such all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration to become part of our diverse team. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.