CARFAX Canada is looking for an experienced and motivated Director of Technical Operations. This role is an opportunity for a dynamic leader to utilize their excellent communication skills to lead CARFAX Canada’s Technical Operations team.
Why CARFAX Canada?
We’re the best at data; that’s why we’re Canada’s choice for detailed vehicle information. We’ve been growing for over 18 years and we know that our incredible team is what’s driven us forward, so we like to keep them incredible. The CARFAX Canada kitchen is always stocked with fresh, organic fruit, not to mention a wide range of coffee options. We offer social events like pub nights and disc golf, and wellness initiatives like in-house yoga and massage! We also have RRSP matching and an amazing benefits program, so you won’t have to worry about things like vision, dental, physiotherapy etc. On top of all that, we invest in the future of our employees – we have a comprehensive leadership training program and each team member has their own professional development budget, so they can continually build their skillsets. Plus, we support our community by participating in group volunteer opportunities and donating to the causes that matter to our team. So why work at CARFAX Canada? Because life’s too short not to work somewhere awesome.
CARFAX Canada is looking for a Director, Technical Operations. This person will be instrumental to the organization by providing operational and people leadership through their ability to inspire others and the technical experience to drive change.
The Director of Technical Operations will be responsible for building, managing and inspiring high-performance processes and teams across IT, IS, Dev Ops, Security, Integrated Partners and ITSM. Reporting to the VP of Technology, the Director will collaborate with various stakeholders across the organization, and work to inspire a framework of accountability and customer service within the technical operations groups.
The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, self-motivated and a fast learner who is ready to step into a dynamic, cross-functional and important leadership role with high visibility.
- Overall accountability for IT, IS, Dev Ops, Security, Integrated Partners and ITSM
- Own CARFAX Canada’s Azure Cloud environment. Understand how best to monitor and future proof our Azure environment
- Create and implement the department’s overall vision, and fulfill that vision by utilizing internal resources and strategic vendor partnerships
- Iteratively improve processes including: change management, incident management, availability management and other ITSM best practices
- Understand, plan, monitor and react to new/emerging technological security threats
- Maximize organizational effectiveness with a balance between ideal security protocols and user experience
- Institute a culture of customer service and be proactive to help the department become a business partner to the organization
- Have a passion for people and lead them through the employee life-cycle (talent acquisition, development and performance management)
- Take ownership of availability, resilience and scalability of the company’s infrastructure.
Education and experience required:
- Seven+ years experience running a wide variety of Technical Operations groups
- Experience with MS Azure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or similar, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience and/or training with technology security best practices
- Experience supporting Agile-based development groups an asset
- Familiarity with ITIL/ITSM and experience implementing related best practices within a company
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, and the ability to comfortably present results to executive management as required
- Strong ability to work in a cross-functional capacity with all departments within the company.
CARFAX Canada’s core values are: Be the solution, embrace change, commit and deliver, and powered by passion. The successful candidate will share these values.
Compensation includes base salary commensurate with experience, performance bonuses, health/dental benefits and an optional RRSP match program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. Applications will be accpetd until March 4, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.