Software Engineer, Smartglasses Applications
You're a champion for the user with a passion for crafting engaging and intuitive experiences. You love to collaborate to produce the best software and user interface designs and architecture. You actually know what it means to write robust, maintainable code and clean, reusable interfaces. Your love of software doesn’t just end in the digital world; the challenge of crafting software to interact with humans in new and groundbreaking ways excites you like nothing else.
What you'll do:
- Implement beautiful, engaging, and intuitive user interfaces and applications for a revolutionary new wearable computing system
- Write robust, re-usable software components
- Work closely with product managers and other team leads to write functional and technical specifications
- Work closely with designers to implement novel interfaces and interactions
- Provide guidance and direction to junior software engineers
What you need:
- Strong coding skill in C++, Java, or other high-level language
- Experience writing consumer-focused applications
- Track record of delivering high-quality software in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment
- Experience writing unit-testable code
- Proficiency with a VCS (preferably git)
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent (in lieu of degree, minimum four years of relevant work experience)
Bonus points for:
- Experience with the Qt framework and QML-based UIs
- Experience working on a product that combines both software and hardware
- Proficiency with other programming or scripting languages
- Experience with concurrency and IPC on Android, Linux, or Unix in a production environment
- Experience using Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Relevant personal projects and open source work
- People leadership experience
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design.
More search results
Intermediate/Senior Software Engineer – Imaging S…
Huron Technologies International Inc.
Marketing and Lead Generation Manager
Project Manager | eSolutionsGroup (a GHD company)
Front End Angular Security Builder Extraordinaire