Senior Software Developer
Location: Kitchener, or London, Ontario
What you’ll do:
This is a full stack developer position where you will have the opportunity to work on everything from web-based front ends to back end services hosted in the cloud, along with integrations to leading ERP systems and payment processing gateways.
The main technologies we are developing in are Java, Java EE and Angular 4 for deployment to an AWS cloud environment.
As a member of our product team, you'll work independently and with others to design, develop and deliver features that set us apart from the competition.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- The design, development, unit testing and documentation of key features that will evolve our product offering
- Collaborating with other team members on the scoping and sizing of proposed product changes
- Developing and delivering patches to support our existing customer installations and working to address bugs as they arise
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a smart, self-motivated, success-oriented individual to join our growing team of professionals.
You've worked in a software development role for over 2 years and you know what it takes to deliver an enterprise-class product that meets your customer's needs on time and with high quality.
You're an excellent problem solver who knows how to manage your time and prioritize your work and you enjoy working with others to develop solutions that meet or exceed requirements.
Specifically, the ideal candidate should have:
- 2+ years of Java/Java EE development experience
- Experience building user interfaces with HTML5 and Angular4
- Experience with REST and/or SOAP
- Experience designing, building and deploying to the cloud and AWS in particular
- Practical knowledge and experience with Git/Gerrit and Jenkins
- A Computer Science/Software Engineering/Computer Engineering or related degree
Bonus points for the following:
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge and/or experience working with SAP