Location: Kitchener, Ontario
What you’ll do
The Systems Administrator reports directly to the Associate VP, Operations.
Delego currently operates the majority of its internal servers on the Amazon Cloud using EC2 instances running Linux. Workstations and laptops are currently running Windows 10 Professional. Since Delego is written in Java, our Quality Assurance infrastructure covers a wide range of operating systems that must be maintained.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Training, managing, and mentoring junior System and Network Administrators;
- Development and maintenance of existing configuration recipes for servers (currently using Puppet);
- Acquisition, set-up, maintenance, and decommissioning of Delego’s workstations;
- Documentation, monitoring, and maintenance of our office network;
- Documentation, monitoring, and maintenance of our Virtual Private Cloud (AWS VPC);
- Documentation, monitoring, and maintenance of our SAP ERP landscape (R/3, ECC, and CRM instances);
- Documentation, monitoring, and maintenance of our Quality Assurance and Compliance Servers;
- Documentation and administration of our SaaS subscription.
Hosted Customer Environments
Delego hosts mission critical credit card environments for companies running large-scale SAP ERP systems through the PCI compliant Amazon Web Services Cloud. The uninterrupted operation of these environments is imperative and a key performance indicator for Senior Systems Administrators.
- Provisioning new hosted customer environments including consultation with the Professional Services department for new hosted customer installations, particularly with respect to ACLs, and establishing the VPN tunnel to the customer data center;
- Maintaining SLA compliance (uptime), monitoring, backups, disaster recovery, troubleshooting, upgrades, and security patches;
- Enforcing PCI compliance requirements in the hosted environment;
- Expanding upon existing monitoring capabilities in AWS hosted accounts.
What we’re looking for:
The successful candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills in English, excel at problem-solving, perform under pressure, and be comfortable working with high profile clients on time-sensitive projects. Strong time and project management skills are required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience and a college or university degree are required;
- Linux System Administration, including but not limited to SUSE, Ubuntu, AIX, HP-UX;
- Windows System Administration;
- Cisco Small Business or Enterprise firewall, router, and VPN administration.
- SAP BASIS;
- SAP ByDesign administration;
- Amazon Web Services administration;
- Installation, maintenance, and monitoring of: JIRA, Confluence, Gerrit, Jenkins, Artifactory, Apache, Apache Tomcat, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL.