Direct To Consumer Development Lead
You’re an innovative and strategic DTC and creative expert who wants to make a big impact on business goals and develop exciting new ways to bring disruptive products to market in an emerging tech category through owned and third party channels. Connecting a brand with customers to create/deepen relationships is second nature for you, and you have a knack for both strategy and execution. You can mesh the realities of traditional retail with the emerging technology platforms that are transforming how consumers shop and find the opportunities for our business. You are not afraid to fail fast, as long as you learn from it. You embody the brands you work on and inspire both employees and consumers equally. You are charismatic, highly-organized, self-motivated, hands-on, adaptable and a team player who can seamlessly work with product and marketing teams, to provide thought leadership, sell a vision and drive results. You thrive in an environment where you have the ability to create the future without the guardrails of a conventional business model.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prototype a GTM vision that allows the business to scale by being vertically integrated and owning the consumer journey end to end.
- Design and build a DTC retail network that leans into the opportunities of the market, leverages technology, is highly agile and can scale
- Drive the process for collaboration between product, marketing, finance and retail teams to design, develop and implement retail experiences.
- Collaborate with key functional areas of retail operations, finance and marketing to assign appropriate resources to programs and projects
- Manage retail development and construction
- Optimize team dynamics and foster a productive work environment through leadership, collaboration and influence
What you’ll need:
- BA or equivalent in Marketing, Communication, Advertising, Media and Technology or related studies
- 10+ years of retail leadership experience
- 8+ years of managing and building teams
- 8+ years of project management
- Superior communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience in developing DTC concepts from strategy through execution
- Proven ability to interpret and absorb data and translate into strategic recommendations
- Strong sense of accountability, ownership and ability to coach down, up and across levels & geographies
- Experience managing (or within) agencies on brand-building and retail projects
- A self-starter mindset with the organizational skills to flourish in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design.