Technical Support Analyst
Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, and tablets.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a natural problem solver who is passionate about seeking the truth. If using technology to make a difference is important to you, then you might be our perfect candidate. As a member of the Technical Support team, you’ll spend your days helping examiners and investigators use our software to uncover the truth. Internally, you’ll act as the voice of the customer to help influence change.
- Manage technical support inquiries via email and phone.
- Prioritize new support tickets, monitor open tickets, and escalate critical issues based on SLAs.
- Investigate and provide solutions or workarounds by analyzing log files, reproducing issues using test devices, and engaging with key internal teams.
- Flag bugs and feature requests to product and engineering via our issue tracking tool.
- Advocate for the customer at weekly meetings with Product Management and Engineering.
- Monitor support trends and engage Product Management as appropriate.
- Contribute to the knowledge base by authoring solution, how to, and reference articles.
- Assist with release activities, including posting the release and updating pages on the website.
- Stay current with trends in digital forensics.
- 2+ years’ experience performing online and phone technical support in a software organization.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated team player with strong personal integrity and accountability.
- Solid understanding of Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android-based operating systems.
- Self-professed tech geek with a knack for explaining complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- University degree or college diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.