Software Developer, Server-Side Calling
The telecom industry has far too long been dominated by the big, the bureaucratic and the unimaginative. Now is the time for someone to take this industry on with something better.
We are a software company in a carrier world – changing the industry by providing what others cannot - a better user experience, better customer service, continual innovation, and most importantly – transparent pricing.
TextNow is building a virtual calling platform to service tens of millions of daily phone calls. We are looking for a software engineer to help with the server-side architecture, design, implementation, deployment, monitoring and alerting as we create our initial build-out and later enhance with quality improvements and extended the feature offerings.
- BS in Computer Science or a related educational background
- 3+ years of backend server software development
- Ability to design solutions to meet requirements (OOA&D, UML, Sequence Diagram, Data Diagram, etc.)
- Ability to implement solutions against designs
- Understanding of best practices with unit, integration, load and performance testing
- Familiar with CI/CD best practices
- Experience with network protocols (UDP, TCP)
- Experience in VoIP (SIP, RTP, RTCP, and market leading open source projects)
- Impactful work
- Competitive total compensation package
- TextNow-powered smartphone
- Catered lunches
- Professional development
TextNow is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful and inclusive environment ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and creating a barrier-free environment. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws. Please let us know if you have an accessibility need at email@example.com