Content Marketing Lead
- $45k – $55k
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 40,000 - 59,999
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
Hive is a customer data and email platform used by brands to personalize and automate their marketing campaigns.
Our technology helps brands sell more products while keeping their customers happy and engaged.
First, we gather customer data from platforms like Shopify and Eventbrite. Next, we infer as much about a brand’s customers as possible, and unify it all into individual customer profiles.
All of this data is available in a robust CRM that makes it easy for brands to segment their contacts based on hundreds of attributes. Using these dynamic segments, our clients automate email marketing campaigns to their customers, sending more timely, targeted and engaging emails than ever before.
We started our company inside a University of Waterloo computer lab in early 2014, graduated from Y Combinator that summer (S14 batch) and have been growing ever since.
Now, we’re looking for a clever content marketer, who's intrigued by the intersection of e-commerce and marketing, to take our content strategy to the next level.
- You’ll own Hive's content strategy, planning content topics and types that meet marketing goals
- You'll be the lead on copy for all of Hive’s marketing assets (blog posts, white papers, case studies, decks, email templates, landing pages, etc.)
- You’ll transform email marketing jargon into conversational, approachable language
- You’ll collaborate with the team to gain context and create content that resonates with our customers
- You’ll contribute to Hive’s social media strategy by producing content to drive engagement and traffic to the blog or website
- You'll own whatever you write, and you’ll get to see how it impacts customers and drives sales
- You have an editor’s brain and are obsessed with clear, clever copy
- You’re into creative writing and thrive when adjusting the tone of voice, look and feel of different content
- You love thinking about ways to create and leverage content to position brands as a thought leader
- You have experience producing web content–ebooks, blog posts, infographics, or social posts
- You’ve managed an editorial calendar
- You’re all about the details
- You might have an English or Communications degree, a Business degree, or something else, or maybe you dropped out, or didn't even go to school. Our team is made up of all kinds of smart people.
- Bonus: You have experience working in a B2B environment on a small team
- Bonus: You have a portfolio (small or large) you can share
Bottom line... We're looking for curious, hardworking, down-to-earth people, who are passionate about helping brands build enduring relationships with their customers. You'll be well taken care of: meaningful equity, salary, and the benefits you need to be happy & healthy.
To apply, send your resume along with a little bit about yourself and why you want to work here to firstname.lastname@example.org