- $65k - $80k
- Job Function
- Engineering, Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 60,000 - 79,999
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
Hive is a customer data and email platform used by brands to personalize and automate their marketing campaigns.
Our technology helps brands sell more products, while keeping their customers happy and engaged.
First, we gather tons of customer data from platforms like Shopify and Eventbrite. Next, we infer as much data about a brand’s customers as possible, and unify it all into individual customer profiles.
All of this data is available in a robust CRM that makes it easy for brands to segment and tag their contacts based on hundreds of attributes. Using these dynamic segments, our clients automate email marketing campaigns to their customers, sending more timely, targeted and engaging emails than ever before.
We started our company inside a University of Waterloo computer lab in early 2014, graduated from Y Combinator that summer (S14 batch) and have been growing ever since. You’ll be #3 on our product and engineering team in our new office in Kitchener (https://blog.hive.co/hive-culture-the-new-hive-hq/).
We are looking for full-stack developers who can ship their own software and love the intersection between e-commerce and marketing: innovative brands combined with powerful, insightful, data-driven technology.
- You'll join our product and engineering team at an early stage. We’re growing, so there’s lots to do and even more to learn!
- You'll help contribute to our roadmap and choose what you want to work on (motivated teammates are good teammates)
- You'll ship code daily
- You love exploring, using, and shipping new technologies into production to solve hard problems in new ways
- You'll own whatever you build and get to see it used by your favourite brands, artists, celebrities, and their customers
- Passionate about building things. You’re excited by new technologies and have experience shipping things you're proud of.
- Experience with server side MVC frameworks (we use Python/Django but you may have used Rails, etc. before)
- Experience with front end technologies & frameworks (we use React, jQuery and CSS/LESS on the frontend)
- A clear understanding of relational and non-relational databases (we use MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch and Redis as appropriate)
- Experience working inside source control (we use Git on Github) and providing/receiving code reviews
- You might have a great CS or Engineering degree, you dropped out, or you didn't even go to school! Our team is made up of all kinds of smart people.
Bonus points for:
- Proficiency using our actual code stack (but you can learn whatever you haven't used before)
- Experience deploying onto an AWS stack (EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, Elasticache)
- Familiarity with ReactJS
You should be curious, hardworking, down to earth, and passionate about helping brands build enduring relationships with their customers.
Bottom line: We're looking for people that are excited about what we're doing, how we're doing it, who we're serving as customers, and the teammates we're doing it alongside - culture is important to us! You'll be well taken care of: meaningful equity, salary, and the benefits you need to be happy & healthy.