IT Support Technician
Who we are looking for:
Working alongside the Senior Manager IT & Administration the IT Support Technician will ensure that Axonify employees’ are equipped with the right hardware and software, supporting IT helpdesk related issues in real-time and providing support within the team
To be successful in the role you will be eager to learn from the team and the employees of a scaling tech company. You will possess superb customer service skills, and think quickly on your feet with a keen analytical eye for solutions.
- Install, test and configure new computers – Mainly focusing on Apple Macbooks and Mac OSX and back up support for Windows, as well as peripheral equipment and software.
- Modify configurations, utilities and software default settings for the local and remote workstations.
- Provide IT helpdesk support for hardware and software computing problems for Mac, Windows and mobile devices. Resolve problems to the end user satisfaction.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with affected end users.
- Assist maintaining and monitoring network traffic.
- Support commonly used mobile devices such as, iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry.
- Provides support, and training of Boardroom AV/presentation equipment and computer programs.
- Provide exceptional customer service and customer service best practices
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- 2+ years previous experience in an IT Support role
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with Macintosh OSX, such as Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave and hardware
- Intermediate knowledge of TCPIP and networking. Experience with VPN, LAN, WiFi based networking support and troubleshooting from a desktop support perspective an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge with Google Applications such as Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google File Stream.
- Knowledge and experience in computer productivity applications i.e. Microsoft Office 365 applications
- Knowledge of AV media technology as used in the classroom such as video conferencing and projectors an asset.
- Familiarity with Antivirus and Malware products. Bitdefender and Sophos experience an asset.
- Experienced with common support tools to provide technical support.
- Have ability to manage multiple processes, priorities and demands to successfully meet end-users needs.
- Familiarity of Active Directory an asset
- Superb customer service skills that strives to go above and beyond
- Strong ‘team player’ mentality and excited about working with all levels in the organization
- Communicate clearly, concisely and by selecting written, spoken or visual material that best suits the situation and intended audience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong planning, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Solid time management skills
- Ability to think quickly on your feet to resolve last-minute requests or issues
Who we are:
We are a Waterloo-based SaaS software company that is revolutionizing the corporate learning game with Axonify-the only microlearning platform proven to drive business performance. How do we do it? By turning each individual employee into a consistent performer who knows and does the right things at work. The best part? People love to learn with Axonify, and they participate voluntarily! Axonify is helping build more knowledgeable workforces who drive business results for big name customers like Walmart, Bloomingdale’s & John Hancock.
What are the ingredients to our success? A strong leadership team, an industry-leading product, a culture built on trust and most importantly – an extraordinary group of employees. By expanding our team with smart, motivated people we will continue to lead the way in this new & exciting space.
How to apply:
Have we intrigued you? Apply to learn more.