Oracle / NetSuite is currently looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our growing Environment Management team in Kitchener.
• Are you passionate about product quality and customer satisfaction?
• Do you think details matter?
• Does helping others matter to you?
• Do you like challenges?
• Do you have good problem-solving skills?
• Do you care about code testability and writing more testable code?
• Do you want to work with modern, agile test engineering practices?
If you answered yes to the previous questions, our job might be the right one for you.
We are a software engineering shop looking for technically capable, experienced, detail-oriented, passionate about quality SDETs who strive to help teams build and ship top high-quality features. The SDET position is one of the most critical software engineering roles at Oracle / NetSuite, and absolutely not a run-of-the-mill "QA" or "Test Automation Developer" job.
SDETs participate in all aspects of software engineering starting with gathering and refining requirements for new features, to planning and executing effective test strategies, to helping shape the codebase so that it is easily and efficiently testable, to driving the implementation of test suites and automation tests. Furthermore, they need to be able to efficiently investigate and determine the root causes of defects in the system and verify their fixes.
Test automation plays a vital role in our development process, but it is not only about code coverage. It is also about your bright ideas which will make the testing process more effective and reliable.
As a SDET, you will be working closely with product managers and software engineers to ensure product quality and customer satisfaction for all features shipped. You will serve as the team's quality advocate, mentoring those around you to put quality first, and helping software engineers not only write testable code, but that the code is properly & comprehensively tested. You will participate in the risk analysis process and, using best practices, propose mitigation plans that will involve test automation (API’s, UI), performance, smoke, exploratory testing and other test engineering techniques. You will work on the entire application stack, from database to browser using the same engineering tools as developers.
• B.S.in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
• 4+ years of hands on programming experience in Java or another object-oriented language
• 2+ years of experience in quality assurance, automated tools and testing frameworks
• Great ability to understand the business logic of applications
• Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent ability to work as part of a team, or individually depending on the tasks at hand.
• Strong critical thinking
• Attention to detail
• Great ability and willingness to learn
• Positive attitude and great sense of humour
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.